News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Cudanut....I never see you post at Moparts anymore. I was banned awhile back but I still lurk there sometimes.

Mytur Binsdirti

I was thinking about what I said overnight and I feel bad that Moparnut is offended by my blunt truthfulness. Because of me, he's taking his 85 posts that he's made over the last 15 years and is leaving. His input will be sorely missed and I feel terrible about it.

ACUDANUT

KD, I mostly stay here. More people, better crowd.
Wash that diaper on your head, :How do you know he left ?

chargervert

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 06, 2020, 05:00:37 AM
I was thinking about what I said overnight and I feel bad that Moparnut is offended by my blunt truthfulness. Because of me, he's taking his 85 posts that he's made over the last 15 years and is leaving. His input will be sorely missed and I feel terrible about it.

You need to stop getting so emotional about things! It's not healthy!  Maybe you need another emotional support Charger to snuggle up with!  That's what I do!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: chargervert on January 06, 2020, 03:30:10 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 06, 2020, 05:00:37 AM

You need to stop getting so emotional about things! It's not healthy!  Maybe you need another emotional support Charger to snuggle up with!  That's what I do!

In due time.   ;)

VegasCharger

Okay I'm going to step in here and offer my opinion.

To understand Mytur Binsdirti (Mark) is to know him. And I mean by knowing him is by reading his posts in here and not so much in person. Most of the time he is a jokester in here. But other times he offers the brutal truth. His delivery may seem like he's poking fun at you but he's trying to point out obvious facts and those facts are probably something you don't want to hear (the brutal truth). He also does offer compliments as well in here but most folks only know of him of his negative replies (the brutal truth).

You can be given a 2nd Charger for free although rotted to the core it's free right? However the money & time spent to put this car on the road (and pray that it's safe) you'd be better off buying one that's complete or at least driveable. And you don't have to wait ten years to get it on the road. What's that going to cost to get this example complete? No up front cost for the shell but I'm guessing at least 50k?? And ten years later?? Go get yourself a complete driver for 40k and be done with it. And for the argument of "well I can't afford to buy one up front for 40k so I'll buy a rusty cage and fund it as I go" I get that and that may be relevant. But many things can get in the way (life happens) during a long stretch of restoring your Charger. Marriage/spouse/kids/health etc. Or flat out lose interest. All that money tied up is wasted.

So if Turbin throws you what you call a snide comment, he might be saving you from a huge money pit.

Me myself had met Mark in person at Carlisle on a couple of events. Great guy. Loves his Chargers!! He's bought parts from me and very appreciative of my prices/fast responses/communication etc.

Know him, don't know him, laugh with him, don't laugh with him, whatever. He doesn't give a Sh!tt on negative replies. He's not going away, he shouldn't ever be banned in here as I've seen a lot worse in here and on other sites.

:cheers:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 06, 2020, 07:21:48 PM

To understand Mytur Binsdirti (Mark) is to know him. And I mean by knowing him is by reading his posts in here and not so much in person. Most of the time he is a jokester in here. But other times he offers the brutal truth. His delivery may seem like he's poking fun at you but he's trying to point out obvious facts and those facts are probably something you don't want to hear (the brutal truth). He also does offer compliments as well in here but most folks only know of him of his negative replies (the brutal truth).

You can be given a 2nd Charger for free although rotted to the core it's free right? However the money & time spent to put this car on the road (and pray that it's safe) you'd be better off buying one that's complete or at least driveable. And you don't have to wait ten years to get it on the road. What's that going to cost to get this example complete? No up front cost for the shell but I'm guessing at least 50k?? And ten years later?? Go get yourself a complete driver for 40k and be done with it. And for the argument of "well I can't afford to buy one up front for 40k so I'll buy a rusty cage and fund it as I go" I get that and that may be relevant. But many things can get in the way (life happens) during a long stretch of restoring your Charger. Marriage/spouse/kids/health etc. Or flat out lose interest. All that money tied up is wasted.

So if Turbin throws you what you call a snide comment, he might be saving you from a huge money pit.

Me myself had met Mark in person at Carlisle on a couple of events. Great guy. Loves his Chargers!! He's bought parts from me and very appreciative of my prices/fast responses/communication etc.

Know him, don't know him, laugh with him, don't laugh with him, whatever. He doesn't give a Sh!tt on negative replies. He's not going away, he shouldn't ever be banned in here as I've seen a lot worse in here and on other sites.

Cheers to that, Mark is a honest funny guy.  :cheers: :cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 06, 2020, 07:21:48 PM

Mytur Binsdirti

Charger-Bodie

I think everyone needs to chill. Let him see what he can do without all the negitive Nancy shit
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

Debbie Downers.

Pat1973charger

Everyone entitled to their opinion. Most of my "fitment" issues from before we're self inflicted or my lack of knowing just how poorly these old heaps were slapped together. I've since done a total restoration on a dart sport 340 and have seen the factory woes and when I look at mine I realize I'm trying to make the pieces fit together better than they ever did from the factory while using both original rust free and aftermarket parts. Things have been working out well lately with it, all my measurements are looking very good even to my surprise. No I don't spend every waking hour I'm not at work working on it, I have a life and kids and a wife and they deserve more of me then any old heap of iron. Its Also not the money thing, I could have bought a 15k charger RT shell and restored it. I most likely would still have had to put rear rails, wheel houses, rockers, floors, 1/4s, Dutchman etc on it so what's the diff if I saved some upfront cost and put a little more metal in it. Plus it's sort of a family connection thing with this car for my wife's side, I also love the build part of it. I don't even know if I'll enjoy driving it as much as I do building it, I love the challenge. I have confidence in myself and my help which is me and my friend both of us being certified auto techs and my father in law who is a certified auto body tech and did it since the 70s on lots of these old cars.  Yes my frame jig is made from An old industrial shelving side, which was verified to be straight and strengthened, as well, in 5 years of sitting there in my garage if hasn't not moved once, I continually check it for level with a laser level and square. The jig was set up using a combination of factory frame specs and a complete 68 satellite shell, and I've seen others do a considerable amount of metal replacement with less of a jig setup so I figure I'll be ok. If you don't like my thread and think I'm an idiot we'll that's your own opinion and no one is forcing you to follow it. I could stop posting here, I only do to maybe inspire someone to not be scared to take on a big project, much how I was inspired my Mopar4don's thread among others. I haven't posted in awhile because it became time consuming to take pics of every little patch or piece I fit together and upload them then link them here so I have been biding my time for a really good big update with a lot of progress. I'm very sorry if my restoration bother some of you and if the greater part of this website would rather not see it than I will gladly delete my thread.

spoolinhard

You owe no apologizies to anyone. Keep up the good work! I enjoy watching your thread, please don't delete it.

hemi-hampton

Don't let Dirty Turban discourage you. Onwards. I have 1 question though, if you have a Wife & Kid & this Charger to Restore, Where did you find the time to fully restore a Dart Sport 340? :shruggy:

Pat1973charger

Thanks guys appreciate the replies. I've loved coming here since I first found this place when doing research for my 73 charger over 6 years ago. Hemi-hampton, the Dart Sport was my boss's car So I did 90% of it at work. I'm the senior tech at work and shop foreman so got the most part I do the diagnostic jobs and electrical work while the other guys that are younger knock balljoint and swap engine, tires, brakes etc. There's usually a smaller amount of diagnostic per day or week than anything else so I spent my time on the dart for him. Took it from a ride hard 46 year old car to a perfectly restored to factory original car in under a year. We didn't sub out anything I did it all, except we took it to my father in laws shop for sealing and paint. The only problem was working on restoring a car all day long for months when I got home at night and the kids were in bed I didn't really want to work on mine. That's all done now so I'm back at it when I can. I even put an addition on so once the body is done and ready for body work and paint I can roll it back there and have some more room to build out the. Sub assemblies like rear end and drivetrain. I have a 2 bay shop plus the addition but one side has a lift which I don't want to tie up with long term stuff. Thanks again for the interest!

hemi-hampton

" The only problem was working on restoring a car all day long for months when I got home at night and the kids were in bed I didn't really want to work on mine."

I've had the same problem. I work on cars all day long, paint, body work, restoring, new cars, old cars, trucks, semi's, ect, ect for past 35+ years. And when I get Home from work nowadays sometimes I think last thing I want to do is work on my own car or somebody eles car as a side job. :brickwall:

SmashingPunkFan

One of the most absolutely amazing things I've seen in awhile. Bringing this car back to life. Don't be discouraged by anyone or time getting in the way, you're doing an amazing job! And you will really love this car when you're done :2thumbs:
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

tan top

looking forward to seeing more progress pictures as & when  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 18, 2020, 06:48:32 PM
Don't let Dirty Turban discourage you.

Someone's got to be the voice of reason around here. No one else will, so it might as well be me.

Kern Dog

I am not usually one to piss on someones dreams BUT....
Should a parent encourage their 300 lb 10 year old daughter to be a gymnast?
Should a  Marine Drill Sergeant train a partially blind recruit to be a sniper?
Should family members root for their kid at a singing competition when the noises produced by this kid equate to fingernails on a chalkboard?
Nothing hits you harder than life. Why make it harder?
IF a person is aware of all the obstacles that they may face and then they choose to move forward, that is up to them. IT sounds harsh to some but warning others about the difficulties that they will face is actually a good thing.
I'd rather know than to face unseen problems at every turn.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 19, 2020, 04:49:35 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 18, 2020, 06:48:32 PM
Don't let Dirty Turban discourage you.

Someone's got to be the voice of reason around here. No one else will, so it might as well be me.

if you go back 5 years or so at the start of this thread or his other thread/post I advised against going forward. he wouldn't listen. so, now it's to late to stop. LEON.

Mytur Binsdirti

Sherman, set the Wayback machine to January, 2015................

Pat1973charger

It's not that I haven't considered the advise from you guy and other  as some of you seem to think, I just wanted to try myself on this car, what I've spent on parts that I wouldn't usually need for the cars you guys here usually restore isn't a huge amount,  Maybe $1500cdn. When the time comes and I spend some real time on it and it will come. There's been a lot going on around here lately with my wife's grandmother very sick and that was taking my mother in-laws full attention as she did not want to go to a home. This meant my mother in law didn't have time to watch this kids when the wife was working and I was home and may parents are just a little too far to drop them off for a few hours. Her grandmother passed Away shortly before Christmas so things are getting back to their normal routine again now. so what I'm getting at is if it get working hard at this thing and I find it's not going to come together (which as of new doesn't seem to be the case), I'll just swap this one a bit one that needs the usual. 1/4s, floors, rockers, tail panel, rear rails etc and I'll already have all of it here. Anyone got a better body they want to donate for a small sum, doesn't have to have a title I have a couple of those  ;D

hemi-hampton

Didn't you already upgrade to a nicer body once before :scratchchin:

Pat1973charger

Leon, I've been trying to upgrade to a better body for a couple years now....or do you mean the car  :rofl:. Yes that's true the RT was 100x better than the base charger I had. Everything was in its place still on the RT when I got it and when I built the jig with the factory specs it sat down on it perfectly. I looked back through my thread and realized my floors were not all that bad they mostly needed a few patches her and there but I cut holes in them to run bracing all throughout the centre of the car before I disassembled it. The car needed rails and a torsion crossmember so I guess in the end replacing the floors is for the better. I have had it mocked up with the rear rails, trunk floor, crossmembers, 1/4s right up to the Dutchman. Also had the front floor in place. It was fitting together pretty well and I continually check measurements I've documented from the car prior to disassembly, ones I've collected from local cars that were more solid and a handful given to me by members on here, as well as the factory ones from the datum sheets. I removed the 1/4s and front floor again to do some cleanup and prep work Prior to welding everything in.