News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Galen's Report

Started by oldchevelle541, January 27, 2015, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldchevelle541

just sharing.......about 16 months ago I purchased my Mopar that had a Galen inspection report but it was incomplete for what ever reason. At the time Diane quoted me $210.00 to obtain a copy of the report. Due to financial reasons I held off thinking when I can save the money I will reconnect and purchase the report. Just recently after many attempts to reconnect I was quoted $355.00 for the report. An increase of $145.00 for a report that already exists. I had resent my email to show that $210.00 is what was quoted and I declined to pay the new price it as I thought it was excessive for a document that already existed. This is in my opinion not very customer friendly. Has anyone had similar experiences.

daytonalo

Maybe that  fat old cranky bastard has a drug problem ???  :icon_smile_big:

moparnation74

That is quite an increase indeed.  

Galen is a rather interesting character in many ways.  And I am not shocked at this type of a customer service issue.

The comments from members here will be enlightening for you :popcrn:

DAY CLONA

It's an increase in "finders fees" to look for your Inspection report, due to the "backflow", I mean back log :icon_smile_big:

Dodge Don

What a complete and utter rip-off  :icon_bs:

Ghoste

With fewer and fewer people relying on his "services" he likely needs to resort to this.

A383Wing

didn't he "retire" recently?

hemi68charger

I will do it for free !!!!!!

Notice: I don't know what I am doing other than looking at the broadcast sheet and referencing a factory parts book against the last two digits in the part number....

Oh wait, I think I can do it..  :icon_smile_big:

Oh wait x2...,If you get it to me, it'll be 1 of 1 registered, not that means a hill of beans since I'm a nobody...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

we all do it for free here now in the forum...I don't think there is a car out there that cannot be proven one way or another...

(cough..the 6-pak AC car for example...cough)

Aero426

Quote from: oldchevelle541 on January 27, 2015, 08:05:47 PM
just sharing.......about 16 months ago I purchased my Mopar that had a Galen inspection report but it was incomplete for what ever reason. At the time Diane quoted me $210.00 to obtain a copy of the report. Due to financial reasons I held off thinking when I can save the money I will reconnect and purchase the report. Just recently after many attempts to reconnect I was quoted $355.00 for the report. An increase of $145.00 for a report that already exists. I had resent my email to show that $210.00 is what was quoted and I declined to pay the new price it as I thought it was excessive for a document that already existed. This is in my opinion not very customer friendly. Has anyone had similar experiences.

What car did you purchase?   :drool5:

held1823

Quote from: Aero426 on January 27, 2015, 11:32:56 PM

What car did you purchase?   :drool5:

i know! i know!  but i'll let him tell you

and as to paying GG for anything, you should both (A) save your money, and (B) research his recent history. you will find he has become irrelevant
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Davtona

Quote from: held1823 on January 28, 2015, 12:21:13 AM

i know! i know!  but i'll let him tell you

Ah come on. Spill it!  :icon_smile_question:

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

held1823

Quote from: Davtona on January 28, 2015, 12:39:36 AM
Quote from: held1823 on January 28, 2015, 12:21:13 AM

i know! i know!  but i'll let him tell you

Ah come on. Spill it!  :icon_smile_question:

lol. he posted the last six when he bought it, and was looking for some background history on it.  

if i'm not mistaken, this would be the gem.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Ghoste

Quote from: A383Wing on January 27, 2015, 09:35:55 PM
didn't he "retire" recently?

I think he partially retired when he started selling cars for that classic car dealer. 

wingcar

I have a 1 of 1 1970 Charger, a 1 of 1 1967 Charger and a 1 of 1 2008 Challenger SRT8.....they are each the only ones parked in my driveway at this time, which makes them each 1 of 1.  And, I don't need Galen to document them as each is already documented with the DMV.  Wow, I just saved myself a ton of money!

(Sounds as if he has become nothing more than a Mopar ripoff artist.  Sorry, but I don't see where getting his stamp of approval means that much when anyone can do their home work and for the most part come up with many of the same conclusions as he would....save your money....just my two cents)

*Does his name still carry the same weight within the hobby as it once did?
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hemi68charger

Quote from: wingcar on January 28, 2015, 08:23:40 AM
*Does his name still carry the same weight within the hobby as it once did?

I do believe so to those who don't frequent mopar-related discussion board and forums as this ( or know someone that's very knowledgeable in regards to Mopars ). He's like the Wayne Carini in the Mopar world at venues like Auctions....... Do have to admit, he's made a name for himself in a TMZ sort of way.....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ghoste

I'm not so sure Troy.  It seems like his name has been tossed around so much at auctions that I see a lot of people that just don't care.  The reader at the block will always make a point of announcing it but the crowd doesn't seem all that impressed anymore. :shruggy: :Twocents:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 28, 2015, 08:47:43 AM
I'm not so sure Troy.  It seems like his name has been tossed around so much at auctions that I see a lot of people that just don't care.  The reader at the block will always make a point of announcing it but the crowd doesn't seem all that impressed anymore. :shruggy: :Twocents:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, never been to an auction yet... Maybe the Mecum here in Houston in April........  :2thumbs:
Troy

Ghoste

You should, everyone should go see the circus at least once and Mecum is a pretty good one right now.

moparchris

Troy,

Go to the Houston auction.  They have a hemi 'bird and and a hemi Daytona on the block.  B5 'bird, R4 Daytona.

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on January 28, 2015, 09:23:11 AM
Troy,

Go to the Houston auction.  They have a hemi 'bird and and a hemi Daytona on the block.  B5 'bird, R4 Daytona.

I emailed Mecum and asked them if they wanted a local "display". I have a friend here with a survivor B5 Superbird and it would be cool to have his and mine together when the auctioned versions go on the block..  :icon_smile_big:
Hopefully I'll have my hemi top-notch by then and get things rolling...............
Troy

Dave Kanofsky

I've  been to the Chicago one a few times now, it is an amusing time.

You should go and check out the wide range of quality, some cars are decent, others are...well...if you can't say somethin' nice...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Ghoste

Yeah, it's amazing how great they all look on television isn't it?

charger500440

Quote from: oldchevelle541 on January 27, 2015, 08:05:47 PM

Well, I stand corrected. I've always said GG is not an expert at anything from my experience (which I will spare you). It appears he's an expert at trying to rip folks off. Congrats on that GG, hope that keeps you warm at night...
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic