News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Battery in the trunk wiring question

Started by timmycharger, January 30, 2015, 01:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

The last time this car was running, I had the battery in the trunk with the same 2 post cutoff switch but do to poor documentation, I have no pictures of how I had it wired. It was raced at an IHRA track and passed tech, able to shut off the car by shutting off the switch.  The below crude diagram is how I have it wired right now, the only difference between now and then is now I am running paralell positive and negative wires to bypass the bulkhead connector but still keeping the factory ammeter. (Nacho's diagram from years ago).  I cant remember if I just had a wire going from the shutoff switch to the alternator to make the car shut off as again, no pics. If thats the case, is 10G ok for this?  Also, will theparalell wiring change anything this time around?  I have read tons of threads with folks using Ford solenoids and a 4 post switch, but since this worked for me before, Im going with it again.