News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering Column bolts, what do they look like?

Started by timmycharger, February 02, 2015, 03:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

Ok, as my cans of bolts are dwindling from taking the car apart over 10 years ago, I cant find the 4 bolts that hold the bottom flange into the firewall. Do they have a special grommet or washer? Below is my column when it was off the car.

gtx6970

5/16-18-x 1-1/8" length with 1-1/8" Captive washer

72Charger-SE

That is a very helpful reply.  I too had that same 'search'...  ended up using whatever I could find just to get the car moved...  Now I know which ones it will need to be correct.   :icon_smile_big:

timmycharger

Excellent, thanks! I was looking for something that had a bushing of some sort. That makes sense.

Lngbrdz

Would you happen to know what size the 2 bolts that attach the bottom of the column to the floor plate are? They look similar to these but skinnier and smaller washer

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 03, 2015, 10:03:35 AM

Lngbrdz

Would you happen to know what size the 2 bolts that attach the bottom of the column to the floor plate are? They look similar to these but skinnier and smaller washer

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 03, 2015, 10:03:35 AM