News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FAST AND THE FURIOUS 3 TRAILER

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, March 26, 2006, 08:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

just foudn the link so far we got a 68 stang gt and a 72 monte carlo in the movie-MATT (looks like agood movie 2 me neway)

link----------------> http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1417821&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

Silver R/T

posted already, not many muscle cars in this one
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Mike DC

Hmm  . . .

Let's go down the list:

--  multiple dorks trying way too hard to act way too cool

--  ricers portrayed as cool & fast (results are unintentionally funny)

--  chicks portrayed as sex objects, waiting to swoon over victorious street racers

--  new lead actor making PAUL WALKER seem charismatic in comparison

--  no evidence of Mopar musclecars getting crunched so far

What's not to like?

The preview should've started with:  "In a world . . ."

The Ghoul

classic cars wouldnt work in this one.
yes mopar's can drift (the genral was proof of that)
but if you notice this is mostly focusing around underground parking garage drifiting.
If you notice when ever you see a muscle car drifting they usualy have a bit of room to do it.
That and lets face it there are not a repo pannel supplier big enough to keep up with the stut drivers trying to do this stuff.

I gotta say, I was a big anti rice guy in highschool untill I ended up driving one every day. Other than being a tad on the slow side (N/A 4 cylinder) I gotta say Im a fan of them now. There is a big aftermarket with them, there are alot of things you can do to them to make them darn quick and very reliable.
All and all
They are fun sporty little daily drivers and I can see why the new genneration loves them so much. They are cheap to buy initially. They have an after market so big that you can do pritty much what ever you want to them. And they are plentifull enough that if you wreck one... no biggie, just buy another one for cheap and swap all your after market stuff onto them.

Im just happy that this movie is introducing americans to drifting.
I know its like the pro-wrestling of motorsports, but it takes lots of skill and is just amazing to watch!

tan top

i only watched  1 and 2 because of the charger and challenger ,  if there is no mopars in the new film it is of no intrest to me.
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70charginglizard

Quote from: tan top on March 27, 2006, 09:40:29 AM
     i only watched  1 and 2 because of the charger and challenger ,  if there is no mopars in the new film it is of no intrest to me.
:iagree:
70charginglizard

Mike DC

I like drifting just fine.  (And I agree:  Musclecars can do it too, but we just don't get enough repro panels to wanna risk it!)

The ricers in those Import race scenes can be very fast & powerful.  All they had to do was run 2-door RWD versions of the Japanese models, wearing oversized engines & headers & hotter cams, rollacaged chassis setups, and a manual tranny.  Yep . . . that's all it takes to compete with an old-school American RWD V8 model.

71bee

Quote from: tan top on March 27, 2006, 09:40:29 AM
I couldn't agree more. I mean, what other muscle cars were really made that have the same swagger????? if there aint no MOPes, then I aint a showin'!

volk68

I didn't think it was possible to cram so much suck into one film  :icon_smile_blackeye:

The Ghoul

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 27, 2006, 03:05:34 PM

I like drifting just fine.  (And I agree:  Musclecars can do it too, but we just don't get enough repro panels to wanna risk it!)

The ricers in those Import race scenes can be very fast & powerful.  All they had to do was run 2-door RWD versions of the Japanese models, wearing oversized engines & headers & hotter cams, rollacaged chassis setups, and a manual tranny.  Yep . . . that's all it takes to compete with an old-school American RWD V8 model.

um......

nah, if he dont know buy now Im not tellin him.

night yall  :icon_smile_wink:

The Ghoul

ok that didnt last long.
I cant help my self
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html
keep in mind that these are based on bone stock times from outside sorces.
Alot of the time when the american muscle vs imports (mostly japaneese cars) comes into play alot of people dont realize that (as a friend phrased very well)
"Japan has had, for many years, a policy of not releasing cars with more than 280bhp. For a very long time you couldn't find a JDM car with anything more than 200 hp, and 180 was much more common. "
Also the japaneese cars were designed for tight winding mounten roads.
So, I would have to say that when it comes to any thing curvier than a gymnist a stock muscle car wouldent be able to keep up with a stock JDM (hp's being equal that is).
But why would you want to bother running a muscle car some where you cant open it up?
Its like tryiing to run a 1/4 mile with a 4 cylinder... just dont make sence..... LOL
Only thing I gotta say about that is I like the imports because they can put down decent times and still be reliable daily drivers.

No doubt the movie is all glamor..
I have $30 that sez you wont see a sprinter trueno in the movie racing (aka toyota carola gts). simply because no matter how you pritty it up its ugly as sin, but its undisputedly one of the best drift cars ever.
you will see tho lots of rx-7's, s 2000's, silvias, mr2's, and rwd skylines. Mainly because they have curbe appeal and need very little modification to make them drift cars... alot less than a muscle car would...

I dont mean to offend or seem like Im attacking any ones oppinion. Im just putting the facts out there because not alot of people know about drift, or imports.
I know I was suprized when I started looking into it. And keep in mind that all the comments above are about drift, not drag... two totaly diffrent things.

volk68

That's an interesting chart, but I was surprised that there weren't any second gen Chargers on the list.  The Viper numbers rock.  The two most interesting numbers there were the 5.0 0-60 & 13.5 second quarter mile for the Charger SRT-8, and the 5.3 0-60 & 13.8 quarter times for the Neon SRT-4 (I swear I'm going to cave in and buy one of those SRT-4's).   

The Civic numbers were pretty funny  :icon_smile_big:

The Ghoul

im just suprized that there were no big number muscle on the list.
also suprized that this didnt make the list.
http://sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0505_scc_skyline/
R34 GT-R Z tune built by Nissan Motorsports had a quarter mile of low 10's BONE STOCK
:drool5:

Dale The Bold

I've never understood the appeal of small car drifting.  I think a heavy car with a wide wheelbase makes for a better style of sliding.  Ricers skating around look like R/C cars on ice, which is kind of fun looking, but doesn't impress me.  Seeing the General Lee sliding into view, sending rooster tails of dirt behind, however, has an entirely more powerful effect.

As I've told a friend of mine, you may turn sharply, but by the time we get to the corner, we're already turned.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

sixpack70

I saw the trailer at the movies. It looked to me like they do wreck a classic not sure which one. And they beat that mustang fastback up pretty good. They also did a mortal sin and put a skyline engine in the mustang. I'll take my 225 HP 5.0 over such butchery. Thats like putting a chevy engine in your charger. Also my friends and I came up with ice sport equivalents of motor sports.

Nascar is like speed skating. You go real fast and turn left still.
Hockey is similar to demo derby. Lots of things crashing together.
Drifting is like figure skating, they even have a pairs event.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

71bee

Quote from: sixpack70 on March 28, 2006, 06:34:36 PM
I saw the trailer at the movies. It looked to me like they do wreck a classic not sure which one. And they beat that mustang fastback up pretty good. They also did a mortal sin and put a skyline engine in the mustang.
it's about time that those jerk offs destroy a car that really deserves it! :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

I don't mind them wrecking a Mustang as much.  There's a ton of them out there and you can buy almost the whole thing repro'd.  Same thing with a GM midsize.  I'm not thrilled about it, but it sure beats crunching a 2nd-gen Charger or an E-body. 

Part of the problem with Hollywood is that they're based in L.A., and so many of the cars they tear up had been decent complete low-rust examples when they bought them. 

The Ghoul

Quote from: sixpack70 on March 28, 2006, 06:34:36 PM
I saw the trailer at the movies. It looked to me like they do wreck a classic not sure which one. And they beat that mustang fastback up pretty good. They also did a mortal sin and put a skyline engine in the mustang. I'll take my 225 HP 5.0 over such butchery. Thats like putting a chevy engine in your charger. Also my friends and I came up with ice sport equivalents of motor sports.

you do realize that they made a svo mustang for a year with a turbo 4 cylinder in it, and it was just that kind of thinking that killed it.
It by the way was the same horse power but a lighter curb weight.
I would have no issues putting a moddern engine with more horse power than the stock one into a car... something to be said for being able to get in the car, turn the key, go faster, more efficianly (saving gas), and being able to do it day after day.... especially if the car dosent have the stock engine in the first place...
I was darn close to taking the ls-1 engine and manual 6 speed transmission out of my 98 firbird when it was wecked and put it into my 73 charger but the insurance company wanted too much for me to buy it back.