News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3 point belts in the back of a 68

Started by dkn1997, March 26, 2006, 07:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Hey dan, I got them a couple of weeks ago, they are E body guides I bought off of ebay, not sure of what year

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMERFB%3AIID&viewitem=&item=160040538748&rd=1,1

and I would love to see those factory rear belts, those gotta be as rare as hens teeth!!
RECHRGED

8WHEELER

Thanks for the link, he does not seam to have anymore for sale, I checked his other listings as well
no luck, I think somebody out there must have them as well I will keep up the search.

I just got the belts in the mail yesterday, I have only seen two sets, this being the second set.
When I get them cleaned up maybe I will post a pick, but I don't want to high jack your thread.
Thanks again

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

dkn1997

no hijacking, that's totally ON topic.  I would love to see original 2nd gen 3 point belts, post up when you get 'er done.
RECHRGED

66FBCharger

I thought since there is so much great info in this thread, I would resurrect it instead of starting a new thread. I found this thread when I was looking for info to install shoulder belts in my '69 for my 5 year old's booster seat.
Has anyone done this recently? Do you have any updated info or newer products that you used?
DKN,
Now that you have lived with this setup for a while, what would you change or improve? Would you still go with a 12" female end belt instead of the 20" you used?
Thanks,
John
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

dkn1997

My daughter was strapped into it when an 80 year old man forgot all the lessons we learned in Van Dam's Timecop and tried to get his hyundai to occupy the same space at the same time as my fender/hood/grill...
RECHRGED

dkn1997

But we both walked away without a scratch so the belts work.  I would definitely get the shorter 12" female.  It worked out for me at the time because she was in a booster and the extra length made it ok. 
RECHRGED

66FBCharger

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 31, 2014, 04:01:35 PM
But we both walked away without a scratch so the belts work.  I would definitely get the shorter 12" female.  It worked out for me at the time because she was in a booster and the extra length made it ok. 
Thanks for the response. I am hoping to order the belts this week.
Sorry to see you had a wreck. It is good to hear no one was hurt and the belts worked.
I am putting the belts in for my 5 year old who is in a booster seat. Do you think I should stick with the longer female end or do you think the 12" female would work with a booster seat?
Thanks,
John
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

myk

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 31, 2014, 03:59:56 PM
My daughter was strapped into it when an 80 year old man forgot all the lessons we learned in Van Dam's Timecop and tried to get his hyundai to occupy the same space at the same time as my fender/hood/grill...

WTF man did that happen recently?! 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Quote from: myk on April 01, 2014, 08:11:49 AM
Quote from: dkn1997 on March 31, 2014, 03:59:56 PM

WTF man did that happen recently?! 

What he said!   :o
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

dkn1997

That was a few years ago.. accident turned out to be the best thing to happen to the car. had it all repained, new hood, fender, drivers door skin, new top, new glass, new wheels. bla bla bla lol

Here is the new look:

RECHRGED

dkn1997

RECHRGED

dkn1997

RECHRGED

myk

NICE.  I don't think I've ever seen any exterior shots of your car...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

dkn1997

thanks MYK... I have been slacking off on it.  havent driiven it more than once in a year..  Im in partiall disassembly mode in the midst of a serpentine belt system install for the 440.  I also have boxes of parts on hand including EZ EFI 2.0, hotchkis shocks, firm feel upper control arms, 1" Tbaars, QA1 tubular kmember and lower control arms, borgeson steering box, fast ratio arms, 11/16 inner and outer tierods and probably some more im forgetting.  little low on the motivation at the moment
RECHRGED