News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MECUM AUCTIONS HOUSTON APRIL 9-11 HAS ANOTHER HEMI DAYTONA AUCTION!!

Started by Mopar John, March 01, 2015, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebeep1969

1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird

bebeep1969

1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird

5hunert

With all the work that was done on the 5&50 to move weight off the front and to the rear I'm amazed the fender tag wasn't removed (or relocated to the trunk?).

talkiemopar

LRTExpress

Bob can't read your sheet but, see tag shows N96 and have seen that on others, does that show up on the sheet, and does your air clean base is there no shield? (N96 base plate)

Thanks Dave

LRTExpress

Quote from: LRTExpress on April 15, 2015, 04:51:27 PM
Bob can't read your sheet but, see tag shows N96 and have seen that on others, does that show up on the sheet, is there no shield on your air cleaner base plate? (N96 base plate)

Thanks Dave

SBBob

My sheet is put away for safe keeping, so when I get it out I will see, but sure it is on there.  When I found my car it had a 67 motor in it, so went looking for the correct air cleaner.  Some where in the past (early years of owning the car) a friend showed me an article about the air cleaner and it provided a part number (wish I still had the info).  I had a good friend who ran the parts dept. at the local Dodge dealer.  I took the number to him and he ran it, and it came up that that number was not any good.  The next day he called me with more info.  He had done some research and used the numbers before and after.  Those numbers came up with the base plate and top plate.  He then talked to some one at Chrysler and they informed him the number I gave him was a unit number for the base plate, filter and top plate.  It did not come up for him as it was an in house number only for the complete unit.  The article said to go to the Dodge non fresh air unit.  I have seen some cars with the belt guard and many without it.  Seems to me that the early cars they took the time to go and get it and as they got towards the end the just said oh well and let them out with the fresh air base plate.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack