News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to buy "original style" antenna for my 69 SE?

Started by Mfr426, January 02, 2006, 05:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all! I was looking for comments on where to find a stock looking antenna for my 69 Charger SE. Any suggestions? I want to be able to take this off when I put the cover on. I dont want to spend $150 for this part as I'm so far over budget on my car that I'm now sleeping in the car...

:'(

Thanks for any comments!

Mike R in Reading PA

jaak

I'll have to look for it but there is a seller on ebay who sells antenna's similar too mopar originals and they sell a fixed version and retractable, usually have a buy it now price of 35 bucks and around 10-12 for shipping. I have seen them on there quite often.

Mfr426

Thanks Jaak, let me know if you can find it.

Mike Roberts

jaak

Here's a link to a retractable and a non-retractable versions, The sellers User ID is dougs1967. These are not 'correct' items, but similar to original.

(non retractable)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/62-68-74-Mopar-Road-Runner-Cuda-Charger-GTX-Antenna-NR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4601263884QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW           

(retractable)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/63-72-Antenna-Road-Runner-Cuda-Dart-Mopar-RETRACTABLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4601277136QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Hope this helps,
Jason

BLAM

I think Tom at R-T Specialties carries the correct pieces.
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Mfr426

Thanks guys! I am going to call Tom at RT and then hit eBay...

Mike R

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike, spend the $100 and get the right one.  You'll be happier
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

You could try Jamie at Mega Parts for a factory one also. I bought many of my parts from him.

608-452-2045
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mfr426

Yep, I spent the $139 and got the right one from Tom at R/T. Yep, over budget again... Sorry honey....

:eyes:

jaak

yeah, 139 isn't bad for a correct unit, I just listed those others so you can see the cheaper ones.

later,
Jason

Mfr426

Yep Jaak, I looked at them too and originally was going to get them but after thinking about it I know I'd be disappointed...

Thanks for the work though.

Mike R

bull

I grabbed a non-retractable antenna off a Dart but the base is different under the fender. I think the Charger antenna goes straight down while the Dart's takes a 90-degree turn. I got the correct bezel off Ebay so everything above the fender looks right. I think I spent about $20 total.

Dino

Holy thread resurrection Batman!   :lol:

I should try to find one that looks stock but is powered so I can drive through the car wash.  I don't even know if the one I have is stock or not.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

Was just searching around here and found that thread, $100 for a antenna kit is not so bad  ;)

Dino

Hey you can dig up any thread you like.  I kinda like seeing these old threads myself.   :yesnod:

$100 seems pretty good yeah.

Lennard

Quote from: Dino on March 03, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

I should try to find one that looks stock but is powered so I can drive through the car wash.  I don't even know if the one I have is stock or not.
I've got one if you're serious.

Dino

Quote from: Lennard on March 03, 2015, 11:58:15 PM
Quote from: Dino on March 03, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

I've got one if you're serious.

A powered one?  I would be but I can't open my wallet for a little while longer, not until I can get rid of my wheels.  School has dreained my funds and I may not even be able to do the cam swap this year.

Lord Warlock

seems my antenna is different than the stock ones, mine has a spring at the bottom so you can bend it over without damaging the antenna. Its been on the car since I got it in 78.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.