News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

movie used bullitt charger

Started by nascarxx29, March 22, 2015, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

I know for a fact that this can not be the original "Bullitt" Charger as I saw the original hit that gas station (well almost hit it) and it blow up and burned with the two hit men inside..... :nana: :D

(*I thought I read back in the day that the Charger was an automatic?) 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Stegs

BB14404SPD

The Charger in the beginning of the chase was an automatic, as you can see from the column shift in a couple of the scenes. The charger in the end of the chase as the guy is loading the shotgun you can see the 4 speed bezel. The only thing that bothers me if the proof that the car was the Bullit charger was all the holes...why would you cover them up during the restoration if that is your only proof. I remember he wanted a million dollars for it.

BB14404SPD

Quote from: BB14404SPD on March 23, 2015, 12:18:44 PM
The Charger in the beginning of the chase was an automatic, as you can see the column shift in a couple of the scenes. The charger in the end of the chase as the guy is loading the shotgun you can see the 4 speed bezel. The only thing that bothers me if the proof that the car was the Bullit charger was all the holes...why would you cover them up during the restoration if that is your only proof. I remember he wanted a million dollars for it.

Ghoste

Whats the dealer want for it now?

keepat

Is the black interior with the gray pleats also correct for the movie car? I like that look just not sure I remember seeing that in the movie?
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on March 23, 2015, 05:56:09 PM
Is the black interior with the gray pleats also correct for the movie car? I like that look just not sure I remember seeing that in the movie?
Thanks
Pat

Good catch Pat, I was going to weigh in on that :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mike DC

IIRC the Bullitt stunt-car was a column/auto and the closeup car was a 4spd.  

It breaks the car-guy fantasy but the vast majority of stunt cars are really automatics.  Stunt guys prefer autos.  

Vanishing Point (the original) was an exception, with 4 out of 5 cars being 4spds.