News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear leaf spring length?

Started by jackel440, July 23, 2005, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel440

two yrs ago i put new springs on my 72 (used off a who knows what maybe 69 rr)well i have noticed that since i repainted my car last yr and really noticed with my new wheels and tires that my wheel centerline is farther back in the wheel well opening.well i was under it doing some work and noticed that my shocks are leaning forward and that makes me sure the locating pin is farther back than on the old springs.i would check the old ones but they seem to be long gone :-\
well i guess what i am wondering is if i can get new springs that will relocate my axle in the wheel well .like the super stock springs?I haven't done any research on this yet but i thought all the b body had the same length springs and locating pins the same distance from the front spring eye.thanks for any help  :)

Chryco Psycho

are you still using the stock front mounts ???

stock B7E body springs are 22 " front the center of the front eye to the Center bolt , A body are 20" , not sure what diamentions C bodys might have

jackel440

yep still have the stock front mounts.I'll have to measure the springs to see what they are tomorrow.