News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Started by Flamdremon, April 10, 2015, 11:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

Quote from: JB400 on April 14, 2015, 12:21:36 PM
Is this the direction you want to go?:

http://fastraces.org/

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Great suggestion.  Dave and those guys are incredible with what they do and how they do it.

:2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JB400

Thank you. :cheers:  It's the only other alternative that I see to get him in the direction that he wants to go.

Flamdremon

Im willing to go almost 50k. I wouldnt consider that cheap considering im only 21. Im saying if possible I would RATHER be in the 30-35k range. Theres nothing wrong with WANTING to save money. Its stupid to criticize me. Im just asking what the best way to go about a 9 second charger is that is still street legal. When i say im not going to budge i mean that Im not going to settle for a 10 second car. nor do i want to switch the body to a different car or make it non street legal. THAT is what im saying. Im on this forum because there are a lot of smart people on here that im sure have great input on how this can be done or at least some good guidelines. Im stupid and young and im going to make mistakes but im going to tell you this car isnt going to be one of them.

ACUDANUT

21 Years old ?. I'd save your money.  :Twocents:

Mefirst

Just some comments about what your trying to do... I'm doing/done the exact thing your thinking about.. Im not running any 9s yet, but on my way there...

First off, if this is your dream, a 9sec Charger, then GO for it! Don't let any one stop you!

...To get a car to run in the 9´s does not take a scientific degree.... You do need +900Hp to plant the car there firmly, that's with a full weight 4000Lbs Charger. -Yes, a totally gutted Charger will get there with less, but whats the fun in that?

So a +900Hp engine will need a transmission to survive the power. A 727 could be made to last but a T400 may be a better choice. Now you need a rear axel, so Dana60 or a 9", your pic.. Your front and rear suspension will need some attention. In the rear CalTRacks, monoleafs and DA shocks, then your golden. Pic a tire, slick or dragradial... The frontend does not need that much work, good set of DA shocks and no binding/over tightend parts..

These are the basics.. Now some details... A N/A lets say 950Hp engine will probably be a small maintenance "nightmare", we're talking rollercam, high comp, etc.. Well a nice stroker Hemi with some 600cids would make that kind of power, no problem, but I don't want to think about the cost.. So N/A engine is out! Or may be not, build a solid foundation 440 based stroker, some 500cids, Indy CNC EZ heads, roller cam, etc.. and you ll end up with a 750Hp engine, then add a 200-250Hp shot of Nitrous and your there... Sadly you need to go aftermarket block, a stock 440 block wont be happy with power like that... Also using Nitrous has its own stuff to deal with, filling bottles, keeping them at right temp/pressure at the track, etc... Well then there is always add a Rootsblower, it will look absolutely amazing and all women will want to be with you.. BUT the Rootsblower engine also has its fair share of issues... So whats left, Turbo or ProCharger... Turbo would be cool, but then if you really want it to run good, you should run the engine with EFI, another money hole... ProCharger is also something to think about. The ProCharger could be run with a blow through carb, kinda simple.. Both will need additional coolers if you plan on running high boost... You could drive the engine on E85, that way you could run more boost than with pumpgas.. There will be allot/some tube bending/fitting in the engine compartment, nothing you really can do in your home garage, if you don't have access to tube bending tools, welder, etc... Also you need to take care that everything fits the engine compartment in a smart way..

So there you go.. start saving money and build your dream car and never have money again, the car will take care of any extra money you may (probably not) have... BUT its FUN :2thumbs:

/Tom

Mefirst

-Ooh, and Flamdremon* -You do need to start reading/learning about engines, transmissions and well cars in general, your knowledge seems quite lacking, dont take it the wrong way, but just a thought when reading your posts... The more you know the easier it will become...

/Tom

Flamdremon

tom..... thats why im here XD

heyoldguy

Yep, don't give up. As you said no NOS, I assume you also mean no boost. You can strip and gut the cars interior and keep it street legal, just redo all the wiring to the essentials. Roll cage, transmission and chassis work will be required (I'm not a chassis, tranny man). A factory iron block as a 500" wedge, normally aspirated on E85 ($15,000-$18,000) will get you enough horsepower (done it), but only for awhile as I believe the factory block will eventually fail.

Baldwinvette77

How the hell did i miss this  :scratchchin:

69rtsetracpac

I remember when running 10's was faster then heck. LOL
What was I thinking?