News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black third gen in The Barber movie

Started by bull, April 12, 2015, 11:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Apparently the movie sucks but I was watching the trailer and happened to notice a black third gen., so it can't be all bad. :shruggy:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_barber_2015/?search=the barber

EccentricMagpies

Good enough reason to consider watching this movie. 

:2thumbs:
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

JR

From that screencap I wonder if its a leftover Burn Notice Charger?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

red72chrgr

Good catch. It could be a Burn Notice car. I found one the other night, watching a movie called Foxy Brown with Pam Grier. Opening sequence of scenes. She's driving a 72(?) red with what appears to be a halo top and a sunroof. Sharp car. Later on there is a daylight shot but it looks like a 73 or 74 because of the rubber bumper guards. Be forewarned, there is some nudity in the film(Miss Grier topless  ;))
Nothing personal, just business

VegasCharger

Yep 73 or 74 Charger sunroof top coupe Halo top. Good catch on the 1974 film "Foxy Brown".

Pic 1 not a great screen shot but you can see the sunroof opened.
Pic 2 side profile with Antonio Fargas trying to get in thru the sunroof.
Pic 3 you can see thru the p/u windshield to see the Charger tail lights.
Pic 4 only daylight scene of the Charger, parked curbside.

EccentricMagpies

I'd guess 73 since I can't make out any seatbelt straps
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

VegasCharger

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on April 20, 2015, 12:31:09 PM
I'd guess 73 since I can't make out any seatbelt straps

Okay I did some more detective work to decipher if it's a 73 or 74 Charger. I can't believe I let this clue pass me by as I always do when it comes to 73-74 Chargers. And that is the hood vents. 1971 a lot, 1972 some, 1973 very little and 1974 none. I went back to the opening Charger scene a to see if I could capture a hood shot. It was difficult because of it being a night time filming but this one screen shot shows at least some vents in the hood. It was while the bad guy jumped onto the hood trying to stop the Charger. See green arrow.

My guess is 1973.

Montclaire

From what I can see it's not a Burn Notice car.  It's a 73 but the interior is black and it has the chrome trim on the hood lip.  Not to say these things cannot be changed but of the three surviving cars from BN, the lead car is in CA with Matt Nix, the back up car is still in FL in private hands and was recently photographed in BN trim, and I have the stunt car from the auction in Coral Gables.