News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Re: TALLADEGA 2015!!

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, March 13, 2015, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: Devil on March 13, 2015, 01:02:33 PM
Well here we go!

https://wellbornmuseum.squarespace.com/museum-blog/index.php/2015/3/13/aero-warriors-reunion-2015-is-a-go

Is there a link to purchase the registration through the WMM site?    Thought I saw it before on the events link in the museum store, but now it seems to be gone.  

Aero426

Tim called today.   He says the track is enthused about the event.    They are going to reach out to a few of the aero car drivers and try to bring them to the event.   Looks like we will get TWO track laps on Sunday as well.  

Backing up,   Chris Street in Atlanta is working on the Atlanta Motor Speedway track laps for Thursday.    He should know what is happening with that in a few weeks.   Otherwise, Thursday is a registration day in Alexander City.

Friday will be the display of cars at the Wellborn home starting in the afternoon.   In the evening, there will be a Louisiana cajun style shrimp and crawfish boil dinner.    

Saturday will be the show at the Wellborn Musclecar Museum.   We'll take a break late in the afternoon and get back over there for a dinner prepared by Chef Tim Creehan.   Quail and bison has been mentioned for the menu.    Later in the evening will be the Halloween themed costume party which went over real well in 2009.    

Sunday morning will be an early ride to the track.    Some of you will bring trailers.   Some will drive.    The track will give the cars secured parking,  possibly over by the museum.    Parade lap in the morning before the race.    The track will have a block of tickets available after the spring race in May.      They would encourage as many of us to stay for the race as possible.  

Hotel reservations:  Book a room anywhere you want in Alex City.   It ain't that big.   We will have cars at all the motels.  

The registration is $130 per couple which covers the food and goodie bag.    Individual tickets are $65.    You'll be able to register through the WMM site or by mail through the DSAC newsletter.  

TheAutoArchaeologist

I knew I forgot to post the link someplace.  My apologies.

http://wellbornmuseum.squarespace.com/museum-blog/index.php/2015/3/17/aero-warriors-reunion-2015-update

Here's the blog about all the new information.

And we're updating the store now.  You'll be able to buy tickets for the dinner and extras here shortly.

69_500

So no gathering at the museum at the track on Saturday?

Was hoping to add yet another panoramic photo to the garage wall.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on April 09, 2015, 09:27:30 AM
So no gathering at the museum at the track on Saturday?

Was hoping to add yet another panoramic photo to the garage wall.

Ask Tim if you can climb up on the roof of the musuem and take one........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

shrimp and crawfish boil dinner.    

Quail and bison has been mentioned for the menu.

the menu is enough to scare me away

if it doesn't oink, cluck, moo, or tell me to take out the trash, i ain't eating it
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on April 09, 2015, 06:30:27 PM

shrimp and crawfish boil dinner.    

Quail and bison has been mentioned for the menu.

if it doesn't oink, cluck, moo, or tell me to take out the trash, i ain't eating it
sound great broaden your tastes
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: held1823 on April 09, 2015, 06:30:27 PM

There's a Sonic right next to the museum, don't let the menu scare anyone away.  
These events are too awesome to miss.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

TheAutoArchaeologist

There are a few restaurants in the area.  Even a nice Ruby Tuesdays down the road.  

TheAutoArchaeologist

Got it all updated.  You can now purchase the Aero Reunion tickets through the Wellborn Store.

http://wellbornmuseum.squarespace.com/museum-blog/index.php/2015/4/14/aero-warrior-reunion-2015-tickets-available-now

Also the $65 tickets are in addition to the original ticket.  They are not individual tickets.

Aero426

Quote from: Devil on April 14, 2015, 12:38:38 PM
Got it all updated.  You can now purchase the Aero Reunion tickets through the Wellborn Store.

http://wellbornmuseum.squarespace.com/museum-blog/index.php/2015/4/14/aero-warrior-reunion-2015-tickets-available-now

Also the $65 tickets are in addition to the original ticket.  They are not individual tickets.

What if only one person is coming?    Is it still $130?

TheAutoArchaeologist

That's correct.  It is for one or two.  But any additional will require the $65 tickets.

light man

This price structure is not very fair. Anyone going solo is getting screwed by having to buy the full price ticket for two. Single tickets for $65.00 should be made available without first having to buy the other one.

talkiemopar

hemi68charger

Quote from: Devil on April 15, 2015, 12:13:15 PM
That's correct.  It is for one or two.  But any additional will require the $65 tickets.

Through this board, maybe 2 individuals who are going solo can hook up and split the cost.......  :scratchchin:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

i'm glad i was already out due to the menu. lol
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 16, 2015, 08:14:00 AM
Quote from: Devil on April 15, 2015, 12:13:15 PM

Through this board, maybe 2 individuals who are going solo can hook up and split the cost.......  :scratchchin:
Life Partners for a Weekend   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:      

held1823

ok, riddle me this. there is no way i'll have the car running by the time of the meet so i would not be an active participant even if i could manage to attend. i have less than zero interest in the menu served at the estate for either day, especially with having to buy a two person ticket for it. i would expect the estate time on friday to be for those who purchased tickets and this would only be fair. my question is this - since the ticket holders will be returning to the estate for the saturday meal, what are the expectations for the time at the museum? is it open to the public or reserved for those who hold tickets to the event?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on April 17, 2015, 02:34:16 AM
ok, riddle me this. there is no way i'll have the car running by the time of the meet so i would not be an active participant even if i could manage to attend. i have less than zero interest in the menu served at the estate for either day, especially with having to buy a two person ticket for it. i would expect the estate time on friday to be for those who purchased tickets and this would only be fair. my question is this - since the ticket holders will be returning to the estate for the saturday meal, what are the expectations for the time at the museum? is it open to the public or reserved for those who hold tickets to the event?
dont worry about not having a car there ,  you will have plenty of cars to see and get photos of and there will be plenty of people to ride around with
 you can be my live partner i'll get you a $65.00 dollar ticket  :pity:  

69_500

Ernie I have an open seat in my car, if you wanna ride down.

TheAutoArchaeologist

It is still an open car show, welcome to anyone.  Not sure on exact timing.  I'll have a better grasp on that when I am down there in a few weeks.  But I'll let you guys know.

Aero426

Note from Chris Street in Atlanta:   The Speedway Cruise at Atlanta Motor Speedway is a go for Thursday October 22nd..   Cost is $10 per car donation to AMS, and a signature on a waiver.   We will meet at the track souvenir shop at 7:45, collect the cash, sign the waivers, and head around to the west entrance tunnel, form up and cruise the track.   After, we'll do a ride south to Warm Springs, do a tour of Roosevelt's little White House, eat lunch and then finish the ride to AlexanderCity.  Questions, call Chris Street at 770-401-6542 or email me at hemibird@mindspring.com

Aero426

Quote from: light man on April 15, 2015, 06:51:10 PM
Single tickets for $65.00 should be made available without first having to buy the other one.

This will be resolved.  I spoke to Tim last week.   He says that if you are coming solo, you will be able to buy a single ticket.    You will not have to pay for two. 

held1823

so much for our potential bromance, stuie...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053