News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Re: TALLADEGA 2015!!

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, March 13, 2015, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70EK2Bird

Finally put together the video from Atlanta.  It is 38 minutes long and has the ride into the track and all 17 laps.  Lots of cars moving around, maybe you will see someone you know.  :cheers:

https://youtu.be/zu_5AguFJM0

r4daytona

Stuart, I know you were avoiding the people but I thought you were purposely letting that blue bird get way in front of you.  At least that's what I'd do.  :lol: I'm guessing there were rules not to let the cars creep over the yellow line?  I know at those slow speeds cars really can't get up the banks, but it would be cool just to feel a little bit of it.  Anyway, nice videos Stu.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on October 29, 2015, 06:56:49 AM
I counted 73 wing cars on Sunday. Excluding the 1971 wings. Then 6 500's made laps, but 2 500's were at event but did not do laps. Did not get a count on the Fords, sorry.
wayne headed home  , I dont understand why he is so into the race cars but doesnt do the laps  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on October 29, 2015, 08:08:55 AM
Stuart, I know you were avoiding the people but I thought you were purposely letting that blue bird get way in front of you.  At least that's what I'd do.  :lol: I'm guessing there were rules not to let the cars creep over the yellow line?  I know at those slow speeds cars really can't get up the banks, but it would be cool just to feel a little bit of it.  Anyway, nice videos Stu.
We were threated with our lifes and no more events ever if we went above the yellow line , we couldnt even walk up there to take pictures  .   I was in the back seat taking pictures that was my buddy Chris driving .

r4daytona

70EK2 - guess I was wrong - you guys were able to go a little higher.  I didn't watch every lap but that was very cool.  I thought (due to never going to one) that you all would have had to stay in single file.  So that was in the evening with the sun shining, in Stus' videos it looked overcast - did you guys get to go to the track twice?

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on October 29, 2015, 08:52:25 AM
70EK2 - guess I was wrong - you guys were able to go a little higher.  I didn't watch every lap but that was very cool.  I thought (due to never going to one) that you all would have had to stay in single file.  So that was in the evening - did you guys get to go to the track twice?
that was Atlanta Motor Speedway on Thursday , Totally different Rules  !!

r4daytona

So at Altanta would they have allowed someone to drive some laps and then pull in to a pit area and switch drivers so a friend could then drive?

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on October 29, 2015, 09:16:56 AM
So at Altanta would they have allowed someone to drive some laps and then pull in to a pit area and switch drivers so a friend could then drive?
i cant answer that for you  , but at taladega we did slow down enough after the first lap I could have done that , and switched  .   

Aero426

Quote from: r4daytona on October 29, 2015, 09:16:56 AM

Yes, you could pull down the pit road.   It did not appear there was any concern with passenger and driver changes.    It was a very free spirited event.  

Aero426

Most of the single seat cars had Jocko Flockos riding shotgun.   

Dave Kanofsky

Here's a pretty cool video that someone took from the stands as we all drove by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjzHDVUBZv4
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 29, 2015, 04:15:18 PM
Here's a pretty cool video that someone took from the stands as we all drove by:

I didn't realize there was a good amount of non Aero cars included in the reunion...
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 29, 2015, 06:05:04 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 29, 2015, 04:15:18 PM

I didn't realize there was a good amount of non Aero cars included in the reunion...

I'm at 6:29

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: moparstuart on October 28, 2015, 10:28:48 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on October 28, 2015, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on October 28, 2015, 04:17:25 PM
I would say on the back stretch the group of 500's were approaching triple digits for a bit to catch the pace car that had walked off from us during the crowd of people.

An official wanted us 500's to go double file but there wasn't room for 2 of us in turn one and I was a couple feet out in the grass and the pace car takes off so I tried to catch up with it then it stops dead at the back gate.   After Atlanta my car drove great, I changed the alternator and regulator and got voltage back in it.  Hey I had a great time and hope everyone else did to.
it was great meeting you Al, well meeting your car   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: we almost ran over a few people running out in front of us  , couldnt believe they didnt keep them back

You too Stuart, there was so much going on I didn't get more than a minute or two to talk with anybody. Someone said  it was Sensory Overload and that describes it well.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Dave Kanofsky

Here Lies Ryan, we hardly knew him.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

70EK2Bird

Here is a cool pic with the three Mopar areo cars.

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 30, 2015, 10:33:32 AM
Here Lies Ryan, we hardly knew him.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

what did you hit him over the head with  ?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70EK2Bird on October 30, 2015, 11:20:22 AM
Here is a cool pic with the three Mopar areo cars.

:2thumbs:   Awesome......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XS29L9B2

very nice wkend it s my dream to see many aero cars  :drool5:
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

hergfest

Great event, looking forward to trying to buy an Aero car I can drive to the event in 2019.  The three cars from Seattle ended up splitting up on the way home, I'll post some pics later on my road trip thread.  Daytona got home Wednesday, I got home in the Bird at 1pm yesterday, and the 500 is almost home after dropping off Sean Machado in Palm Desert.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hergfest on October 31, 2015, 04:40:38 PM
Great event, looking forward to trying to buy an Aero car I can drive to the event in 2019.  The three cars from Seattle ended up splitting up on the way home, I'll post some pics later on my road trip thread.  Daytona got home Wednesday, I got home in the Bird at 1pm yesterday, and the 500 is almost home after dropping off Sean Machado in Palm Desert.

Nice that you all are good to go....   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

kiwitrev

if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: moparstuart on October 30, 2015, 12:10:06 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 30, 2015, 10:33:32 AM

what did you hit him over the head with  ?

Constant abuse, that's what I get!