News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Re: TALLADEGA 2015!!

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, March 13, 2015, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

?? for aero 426 ?? or devil?? is nascar and or nbc--STUPIT??    to see Tally race i had too go watch at a bar,,,,  well 2 1/2 hrs of pre race an they screwed up a great oppertunity,,an barly show the aero cars.   waste time on track banking with that clown,interview with bus boozoes. lots of air time showing infield ,but not the aero cars..  showed the 88 blue tona an red tallidega twice.show back of stuies bird.but most of aero car time was over the boozoes shoulder while they were talking too much. an the cars were so far off you barely could tell they might have a wing on them..

?  just wondering sure wood of love to have been there an seen all the great cars.?

Too all that had a part in setting up the show an getting ya cars there,THANKS ALOT,DJ west coast.  maybee 2019  ?? :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Aero426

Quote from: djcarguy on November 19, 2015, 07:29:53 AM
  ?? for aero 426 ?? or devil?? is nascar and or nbc--STUPIT??    to see Tally race i had too go watch at a bar,,,,  well 2 1/2 hrs of pre race an they screwed up a great oppertunity,,an barly show the aero cars.   waste time on track banking with that clown,interview with bus boozoes. lots of air time showing infield ,but not the aero cars..  showed the 88 blue tona an red tallidega twice.show back of stuies bird.but most of aero car time was over the boozoes shoulder while they were talking too much. an the cars were so far off you barely could tell they might have a wing on them..

?  just wondering sure wood of love to have been there an seen all the great cars.?

Too all that had a part in setting up the show an getting ya cars there,THANKS ALOT,DJ west coast.  maybee 2019  ?? :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

We got more TV time than we usually get.  Which is none.   Also,  the magazine and social media coverage has FAR exceeded past years.    They also had us on the jumbotron during the track laps.   That has never happened before.   We got to go out later this time which helped.    Who knows,  maybe we can get more air time for 2019. 

moparstuart

some of us got more jumbotron time then others   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Talking to Tim yesterday at MCACN, he said the social media articles and postings on Hot Rod.com and related blogs generated over a million hits.  I think he said 1.4 million.      :cheers:

A383Wing

One can only hope that the next one in 2019 celebrating the 50th anniversary will be even bigger and have better coverage than years past

djcarguy

What wood bee the 2nd,3rd,4th best mopar an maybee Wing car shows ???  looking for big show info, farther west??   Think most wing cars ive ever seen in one place ,7 cars.was north west Hot Rod crusin at Portland raceway,back in 86-87.. they had a mopar show on the infield on sat ,of 3 day open show an race event. 

thanks,DJ out west coast,OR. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hemigeno

Quote from: djcarguy on November 23, 2015, 05:08:28 AM
   What wood bee the 2nd,3rd,4th best mopar an maybee Wing car shows ???  looking for big show info, farther west??

We used to regularly get 20-30 (sometimes more) wing/aero cars at the MonsterMopar show in St. Louis, on an annual basis.  That's a hard 2-day drive from the great northwest.

I heard from multiple people at Talladega that an attempt could be in the making to revive the MonsterMopar show in the future; but unless/until that happens, the largest events you'll see will likely be the wing car clubs' meets - which move around a bit.  I haven't looked to see where the 2016 meets will be held - perhaps there's one further west this upcoming year?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Aero426 on November 23, 2015, 12:09:07 AM
Talking to Tim yesterday at MCACN, he said the social media articles and postings on Hot Rod.com and related blogs generated over a million hits.  I think he said 1.4 million.      :cheers:

We've been pimping it pretty hard on the website.  And there is more down the pipeline planned.

hergfest

There is supposed to be an Aero Car Meet at Spring Fling this year in Van Nuys.  Spring Fling is the best Mopar show on the West Coast.

djcarguy

Been to mopars shows in Gram,wa- woodburn an portland raceways- Medford an lots of shows in my area Eugene,OR.Did go to Good guys show in pleasaton CA an puallup WA,not mopar mostly old rods.

was thinking heard big mopar shows in COLARado an Flinge, what L.A.area. Any date for Fling,thats bout 900 miles south of me.  Thanks info is goood if i can remember it,i make lots of notes on my calander.   DJ  :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hergfest

Spring Fling is April 23rd and 24th at Woodley Park in Van Nuys, CA.  LA Area.  Its a good drive down, we do it every year.  Usually go to Fall Fling too.

TheAutoArchaeologist

I just went on YouTube and found a bunch of videos on there from the event.  Take a look on the Aero Warriors Reunion 2015 group.

TheAutoArchaeologist

What did you guys think about the reunion?!  All the parts.  What was good, what could we have done better?  What would you like to see for the future?  We are already putting stuff together for the 50th.  So let me know!

Mopar John

The reunion was GREAT!
But let's start with this one opportunity to make it better:
Take over the SONIC parking lot for the day we are at the museum!
That way ALL the AERO cars can be close together.
Some of the cars were parked along the street and in the strip mall a block away!
The SONIC couldn't handle those of us that went over for lunch as it was.
I waited for over an hour standing/sitting by the drive up menu board for our food!
We would keep them plenty busy with our group.
MJ

69_500

Quote from: Mopar John on January 05, 2016, 08:44:03 PM
The reunion was GREAT!
But let's start with this one opportunity to make it better:
Take over the SONIC parking lot for the day we are at the museum!
That way ALL the AERO cars can be close together.
Some of the cars were parked along the street and in the strip mall a block away!
The SONIC couldn't handle those of us that went over for lunch as it was.
I waited for over an hour standing/sitting by the drive up menu board for our food!
We would keep them plenty busy with our group.
MJ

Plus I wound up with the wrong order at the end of that hour. I got someone else's sandwich.
I like the day at the Talladega Museum we have done in the past. I vote for making it a Thursday thru Sunday event. Thursday roll in and hang at Tims. Friday spend the day at the Welbourne Museum. Saturday at the Talladega museum. Sunday at the track for laps then leave.

A383Wing

what day did you get to go to Atlanta Speedway? Or was that something separate?

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on January 06, 2016, 05:37:42 PM
what day did you get to go to Atlanta Speedway? Or was that something separate?

Atlanta was Thursday and technically, a separate event. 

For the 50th, I would also like to see the event extended by a day to do a display there at the Talladega museum.    The panoramic photo setup is a lot of work, but for this event, it would be worth the effort.

TheAutoArchaeologist

TheAutoArchaeologist

This weekend, My Classic Car with Dennis Gage will debut the episode that was filmed at the Aero Warrior Reunion.

We have only seen the preview of the episode.  But check out the preview at the link below, and the photo gallery!

It's going to be on the Velocity Channel.  Check local listings for exact time.

http://www.myclassiccar.com/episode/20/14/

TheAutoArchaeologist

Thank you Doug, you can now watch the full My Classic Car episode on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/iqg_UA42MlI