News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seeking information on a 1970 Superbird bought out of Hugo, Oklahoma.

Started by 1970gator, May 12, 2015, 11:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970gator

I grew up living three blocks from an empty city lot in Hugo, OK.  Sitting in this lot was a hemi orange 1969 Dodge Charger R/T with a superbird wing on the back and a 1970 Blue Superbird.  These cars belonged to a black gentleman by the last name of Featherstone.  I lusted over these cars for what I know must've been 10 years before I passed the lot one day in the late 80's (probably 1986 or maybe 1987) and it was freshly mowed and the cars were gone.  It was several years later before I had a chance to speak to Mr. Featherstone again and he told me they were sold to a gentleman from New York.  I'd love to know what became of these cars especially the Superbird.  If anyone here owns or knows of them, I'd love to see any pics you may have of them.  I still have some of the charger from the lot but I can't find any of the ones that I had taken of the Superbird years ago.  Thanks in advance for any information.

1970gator

Well, finally thought about this topic again and dug through some old pics to try to find pics of the Superbird.  No luck with the Superbird pics yet, but I did find pics of the 1969 Charger R/T with a Superbird wing that sat about 30 feet behind the Superbird.  I'd love to know where the charger wound up too.  The charger and Superbird were bought by the same individual and hauled away the same day.  If anyone knows of the cars, I'd love to hear about their fait.