News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just know someone must have posted this story, but...

Started by Ghoste, May 20, 2015, 10:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

tallzag

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

r4daytona

So I don't want to belabor the point but just trying to learn.  I was lead to believe that the hood latch was shorter and had a small bend in it.  Yes, the pull rod out and a plug in it's place. SO the latch is suppose to be straight??  or could it be either?? mine was a 6/2 build date.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: chargerman69 on May 20, 2015, 08:06:57 PM
I think they should have not put the guy's last name in the story. Cause someone likely will track the man down about the daytona

That's why I keep all my stories anonymous. 

Daytona Enthusiast

Quote from: r4daytona on May 21, 2015, 09:13:29 PM
So I don't want to belabor the point but just trying to learn.  I was lead to believe that the hood latch was shorter and had a small bend in it.  Yes, the pull rod out and a plug in it's place. SO the latch is suppose to be straight??  or could it be either?? mine was a 6/2 build date.
Quote from: hemigeno on May 21, 2015, 10:08:25 AM
Quote from: r4daytona on May 21, 2015, 08:41:36 AM
But I noticed that are contradictory to what I thought I've learned.  I noticed what looks like a straight hood latch.  I thought they were suppose to be the short one with the bend.  

That's the right hood latch (see first photo below).  Standard '69 Charger issue, just without the pull rod.  Most of them still had the little black plastic bushing from the original pull rod which was discarded.

What Gene said "straight without the handle ",my 606 build has the straight one.