News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 to 360 swap checklist

Started by Ponch ®, March 30, 2006, 03:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: MassCharger73 on April 21, 2006, 07:33:04 AM
I'm glad you started this thread, I just had a rush of memories that caused me quite a few chuckles. My wife must think I'm nuts from out in the other room. Anyway I'm sure I couldn't hook up the column shifter after the headers because for a week I had to engage the E-brake, climb under the car and manually shift the car into drive. A small price to pay in my youth for more cubic inches, a 4 bbl. and dual exhaust. ;D

EDIT - wrong shifter.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

MassCharger73

If I'm not mistaken isn't that a shifter for a 4 speed ?    ???
1973 Charger

Ponch ®

Quote from: MassCharger73 on April 21, 2006, 02:20:38 PM
If I'm not mistaken isn't that a shifter for a 4 speed ?    ???

ooops my bad. You are correct. I was looking at them the other day and just searched for "hurst indy shifter"

Here's the one I meant to show you guys

what's the diff between linkage vs. cable operated? which one is easiest to install?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

twilt

As far as aftermarket shifters go, i have a B&M cable operated unit in one of my 72`s. I hate the bleeping thing. I have replaced the cable at least 4 times  (about $40 a pop if i remember right)  really sux when the cable breaks going into reverse. I had to get my GF at that time to hold the brake while i rolled under the car and manually shifted the trans  into drive.