News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing Car tribute

Started by robert0426, May 14, 2015, 03:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert0426

Hi Guys,

I am new to this amazine forum and are appealing to any members for assistance to find my dream car. I'm now at retirement age, somewhat in I'll health due to currently battling the dreaded 'C' illness so time is limited. Basically being a lifelong Mopar man I would like to buy a Daytona tribute, a finished car needing minor mechanical and interior work if necessary. I would like a car as authentic as possible having been built with proper parts. Really do not have any preference to colour/trans etc but white with red wing would be nice?

I'm happy to offer a renumeration as a finders/assistance fee to obtain my dream car. I'm also open to know all the above applies to a Superbird which I am more then willing to consider.

Thanks guys and please contact with anything of interest. I am a cash purchaser with funds available for the right car.

Peter Jordan
:cheers:

JB400

Welcome to the group, and best of luck getting your dream wing car. :wave:

Montreal Wing Car

Welcome, good luck with your search!
Where are you? Might help with your quest.

Ben

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Daytona Enthusiast

Good Luck!!!
                  is this you ???

Dave Kanofsky

Good luck in your search, and better luck in your health fight!

I have a real Daytona that's red with a white stripe...Just sayin' in case you decide to go that way...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 15, 2015, 07:55:03 AM

I have a real Daytona that's red with a white stripe...Just sayin' in case you decide to go that way...

that ones from kansas , you should just give it to me so it can come home   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

robert0426

Quote from: JB400 on May 14, 2015, 04:41:06 PM
Welcome to the group, and best of luck getting your dream wing car. :wave:

Thank you JB400, having found this great site and members willing to help, I know I will....

robert0426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 15, 2015, 07:55:03 AM

Thank you Dave, I appreciate the comments. You have one incredible wing car but I'm guessing being an original it would exceed my budget? Perhaps you can PM me just to see?

robert0426

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 14, 2015, 08:04:03 PM
Something like this ?
I live about an hour away from it

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/belleville/1969-dodge-charger-daytona-clone/1071200688

Yes this is something I was thinking about, however the modern 5.7 Hemi does not really work with me, too modern.... But thanks for pointing this car to my attention.

robert0426

Quote from: Daytona Enthusiast on May 15, 2015, 01:24:40 AM
Good Luck!!!
                  is this you ???

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. Yes this is me a few years ago, what a great few years travelling around the world buying HEMI and six pack cars, inc two Hemi wing cars. Great memories, meeting great people, its something I've got to put into paper before its too late. Right from back in the early eighties shipping back to a collector called Russell Myers, a one of one export '70 Hemi Cuda, to finding a Hemi '70 Challenger in Sweden which went to the Milton Robson collection, to working with Pam & Tim Wellborne on his cars and working on the K&K insurance car while it travelled around Europe. Yes great times indeed, and now here we are with me wanting a Daytona tribute car when last week I was standing by the one of one X9, Hemi 4-speed, white interior Daytona which is still here in the UK.

I bought this car from Greg Joseph, he was the broker at the time, not Jim Radkie and not restored by Gibson. All interesting stuff!!

Thanks guys....

hemi68charger

Quote from: robert0426 on May 15, 2015, 02:03:47 PM
...Hi,

Thank you for your interest. Yes this is me a few years ago, what a great few years travelling around the world buying HEMI and six pack cars, inc two Hemi wing cars. Great memories, meeting great people, its something I've got to put into paper before its too late. Right from back in the early eighties shipping back to a collector called Russell Myers, a one of one export '70 Hemi Cuda, to finding a Hemi '70 Challenger in Sweden which went to the Milton Robson collection, to working with Pam & Tim Wellborne on his cars and working on the K&K insurance car while it travelled around Europe. Yes great times indeed, and now here we are with me wanting a Daytona tribute car when last week I was standing by the one of one X9, Hemi 4-speed, white interior Daytona which is still here in the UK.

I bought this car from Greg Joseph, he was the broker at the time, not Jim Radkie and not restored by Gibson. All interesting stuff!!

Thanks guys....

Robert, ever do a photoshoot on any of Pete Wiseman's winged cars he used to own in England? I own his former V2 Daytona.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

robert0426

Troy,

Still looking for some old photo's and/or anything interesting on your Daytona when it was in the UK, I'll touch base with some other guys in the next few days and see what I can come up with?

Cheers,
Peter.