News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Turn Signal light wiring

Started by johnjjo, June 05, 2015, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjjo

Hello guys !!! im restoring 1986 model and cant figure out turn signal wiring.... I'm totally dumb in electric.... so please help
so first problem is when i turn signal to the left or right they booth flashing.... but look like bulb for witch way im turning flashing brighter. Also my flasher signal is not that loud at all, is it supposed to be like that ???
side markers doesn't flash either , they work only when i switched on park  and just stay solid, supposed to be like that???
rear brake lamp flashes and work like supposed to, BUT where is turn signal light for front??? are they on the bottom look like fog lights???
Im sorry for all this dumb questions i just never ever worked on old cars like that.....
Please Help
Thanks

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: johnjjo on June 05, 2015, 01:59:20 PM
Hello guys !!! im restoring 1986 model and cant figure out turn signal wiring.... I'm totally dumb in electric.... so please help
so first problem is when i turn signal to the left or right they booth flashing.... but look like bulb for witch way im turning flashing brighter. Also my flasher signal is not that loud at all, is it supposed to be like that ???
side markers doesn't flash either , they work only when i switched on park  and just stay solid, supposed to be like that???
rear brake lamp flashes and work like supposed to, BUT where is turn signal light for front??? are they on the bottom look like fog lights???
Im sorry for all this dumb questions i just never ever worked on old cars like that.....
Please Help
Thanks

Are you working on a 1986 or a 1968 model?? 86 is not that old....:)

At any rate it sounds like the classic bad ground issue to me. Start checking for corroded bulb sockets, loose housings, bad wires, etc.

Staxbro

And to answer your other questions, the side marker lights are just that. They are wired in with your licence plate/tail lights and are constantly on ( they aren't indicator tell tale lights)
Your flasher unit volume has no bearing on whether it will work or not. If it is clipped at the back of the dash under some wires it will be quieter than if it is dangling in the centre console (like mine was). If they are flashing on and off. It's doing its thing.
Your front lights in the lower balance are your park lights on your wiring diagram. They are used for front turn signals also. Before you go pulling your turn signal wiring apart, definitely check for bad grounds. Start at the bulbs and work back! ;-)

johnjjo

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on June 05, 2015, 02:25:27 PM
Quote from: johnjjo on June 05, 2015, 01:59:20 PM
Please Help
Thanks
Are you working on a 1986 or a 1968 model?? 86 is not that old....:)

At any rate it sounds like the classic bad ground issue to me. Start checking for corroded bulb sockets, loose housings, bad wires, etc.

Thank u for reply, it was ground issue!!! and i also changed to loud electric flasher, booth for turn lights and emergency lights
And yes it was 1968 :)

rikubot

Hello BLK '68! I'm having similar issues, just wondering what ground wasn't connecting. Thanks,
Mike
'69 Charger, 440/727