News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Sidewinder heads review from Marsh Performance (Moparts)

Started by Calif240, June 06, 2015, 10:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys... so I've received my new aluminum heads from Marsh Performance (Moparts) http://www.mopartsracing.com . First, I'll give a quick overview of my setup just in case there are any questions or such... 1969 Charger, 440. Built 727 from A&A. Comp Hydraulic Roller Camshaft (.541/.537 lift and 230/236 @.050) and shaft-mount rockers. Scorpion hydraulic lifters. Performer RPM intake, Firecore distributor and coil.

Todd was great to deal with. I received the heads a little over 3 weeks after I ordered them. I had a basic bowl-blend and intake match. Here are the pictures. Once I get the dyno numbers I'll post as well. According to Todd's information, these should flow at about 280 and 200.
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Calif240

More pics...

Calif240

A few more details... Heads come with all mounting holes for alternator, etc. All of the threads and holes seem to be great. I've got it mounted and had no issues with rough threads or burrs on the castings/machine-work. There were no sharp edges. The heads came clean and with springs and valves fully assembled. All said, I think I spent $1300, which included the bowl-blend and light port work.

Thanks for everyone's help along the way, (Especially Ron!). If you guys see any issues with my setup, feel free to chime in, as I'm still sorting a few things out and learning lots.

Thanks,
Terry

b5blue

Thanks Terry,
  Todd mentioned these are made in a new state of art facility in China that manufactures heads and aluminum parts for many car brands. They have cut some up and had alloy tested to check quality. What exhaust are you using? (I've HP manifolds.)

Calif240

I've got tti w 2" primaries. No issues with bolting up to heads.

firefighter3931

Very nice Terry  :2thumbs:

You just lost 50 lbs off the nose of the car and picked up an additional 60-70 hp !  :icon_smile_big:

I think you'll be very happy with this upgrade  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs