News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tanks Inc install - 68 Charger (added parts list)

Started by ncmiller1, February 07, 2018, 04:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbgnik

Quote from: Hemidog on April 03, 2019, 02:06:19 AM
I plugged both vent holes on the tank, still using the original vent on the filler tube (going down to the frame)

Huh... I never even thought of that........ I thought of connecting to it. Your way is simple and effective. With the same rollover protection as they came with .... none!

I'm gonna try that.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Hemidog

Quote from: darbgnik on April 16, 2019, 09:44:16 PM
Quote from: Hemidog on April 03, 2019, 02:06:19 AM
I plugged both vent holes on the tank, still using the original vent on the filler tube (going down to the frame)

Huh... I never even thought of that........ I thought of connecting to it. Your way is simple and effective. With the same rollover protection as they came with .... none!

I'm gonna try that.
yeah, it is hard to use the new vents on a 2nd gen charger, as the filler tube is mounted so high. I did not want to vent inside the car.
In my mind the original venting might have some rollover capability, as my vent outlet ends around the middle of the tank (inside the frame) height-wise.

Hemidog

Mid-season update since this winters Fitech install.

The system works awesome, I have hardly needed to use the fitech display (Other than the mandatory engine setup). The engine is very responsive, and the old(edelbrock carb) backfiring and is gone. Cold start is so easy  ;)
My alternator crapped out on me (60A). Apparently it did not like the addition of 2 electric fans, and a fuel pump. Installed a 120 Amp'er.

Make sure you use teflon tape on the NPT fittings on the fuel pump unit (I didn't, and it leaked like a siv  :whistling: )

Thanks again ncmiller1 for the parts list and diagram  :cheers:  Only 1 shipment from the US to Norway, saved me a lot on shipping costs.  :2thumbs: