News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger Registry Any updates?

Started by 66FBCharger, June 10, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I love this site and am wondering when it will back up online. I miss being able to refer to it for all the info that is being shared on it.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 66FBCharger on June 10, 2015, 11:54:28 AM
I love this site and am wondering when it will back up online. I miss being able to refer to it for all the info that is being shared on it.

Here, here.   Wish I had more time to offer (to help out with it). I've missed it not being around.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

tracpack440

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

keith88

tracpack440

Does any one have any info from the old site. Maybe screen shots. Just wanted to look at production numbers and any other info that was there.  :2thumbs:  :popcrn:

rebby

Why is this currently down? I own a web hosting company and would be happy to host it, pro-bono of course.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: tracpack440 on March 11, 2016, 09:44:22 PM
Does any one have any info from the old site. Maybe screen shots. Just wanted to look at production numbers and any other info that was there.  :2thumbs:  :popcrn:

Yes I do.. I got it in a my Book I printed it one time.. I can make a photo of it

Also I'am building website for the Netherlands with info on it.. But we are still working on it. I will get all I have on there.. Maybe start a new  Registry?

http://dodgechargerinternational.webnode.nl/
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Ghoste

Quote from: rebby on March 12, 2016, 11:49:10 AM
Why is this currently down? I own a web hosting company and would be happy to host it, pro-bono of course.

Have the domain name registered and a host site.  The problem has largely been making the time to create the site.  I had a test one up for a while but took it down because I wasn't happy with it.  Chip at the new one when I can but at the same time as this has been going on I have had a job change, a divorce, a child enter university, am a single parent of two, as well as a couple of personal issues. 
It isn't gone folks and it certainly isnt forgotten or being ignored.  It has just been grossly delayed by life.

rebby

Quote from: Ghoste on March 15, 2016, 07:44:03 AM
Quote from: rebby on March 12, 2016, 11:49:10 AM

Have the domain name registered and a host site.  The problem has largely been making the time to create the site.  I had a test one up for a while but took it down because I wasn't happy with it.  Chip at the new one when I can but at the same time as this has been going on I have had a job change, a divorce, a child enter university, am a single parent of two, as well as a couple of personal issues. 
It isn't gone folks and it certainly isnt forgotten or being ignored.  It has just been grossly delayed by life.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help out. I don't mind doing a little web development/database work from time to time. I know exactly what you mean with life getting in the way. Good to hear that the registry still has a heart beat.  :2thumbs:
Curt Rebelein, Junior

Challenger340

How long has the old 1969 Dodge Charger Registry been gone now ?
5 Years ?
4 Years ?
3 Years ?

What happened to all the information from the old 1969 Charger Registry ?  I thought it was all forwarded to you Ghoste ?

Just sayín...
life DOES get in the way sometimes ? and sounds like you have certainly had your share Ghoste.
No harm or foul....
but maybe it is time to just forward the data & info to someone with more time and can get it done ? or at least accept some help ?

rebby is willing to host ?  and help ?
I'll kick in a few bucks if that's what it takes ?
But after this many years, I just think it may be time to think about passing along the data/info and get it up and running ?

kokxville

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 15, 2016, 04:44:43 PM
5 Years ?
4 Years ?
3 Years ?

What happened to all the information from the old 1969 Charger Registry ?  I thought it was all forwarded to you Ghoste ?

Just sayín...
life DOES get in the way sometimes ? and sounds like you have certainly had your share Ghoste.
No harm or foul....
but maybe it is time to just forward the data & info to someone with more time and can get it done ? or at least accept some help ?

But after this many years, I just think it may be time to think about passing along the data/info and get it up and running ?

Good point.  :yesnod:
I really miss the 69 registry  :cryin:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mikesmoparperformance

5 Years ?
4 Years ?
3 Years ?

What happened to all the information from the old 1969 Charger Registry ?  I thought it was all forwarded to you Ghoste ?

Just sayín...
No harm or foul....

rebby is willing to host ?  and help ?

I agree! It is to long gone.. I can post a screenshot.. Got it printed out in 2000.
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

rebby

5 Years ?
4 Years ?
3 Years ?

Just sayín...
No harm or foul....

If I can get the data, I can certainly load it into a DB and build a quick UI. It might not be pretty (at first, rather get something online quick than worry about aesthetics to start with) but it will be functional.
Curt Rebelein, Junior

tracpack440

66FBCharger

Quote from: rebby on March 16, 2016, 09:11:36 PM
5 Years ?
4 Years ?
3 Years ?

What happened to all the information from the old 1969 Charger Registry ?  I thought it was all forwarded to you Ghoste ?

Just sayín...
No harm or foul....

rebby is willing to host ?  and help ?

If I can get the data, I can certainly load it into a DB and build a quick UI. It might not be pretty (at first, rather get something online quick than worry about aesthetics to start with) but it will be functional.

:thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

keith88

Challenger340

What say you Ghoste ?
Are you willing to accept some help here ?  
I mean it's been 3 long years without the '69 Charger Registry ?
and well,
that's what car sites are all about.... people with a common interest in the car hobby stepping up to help out each other if they can ?

That's what you did when Chris couldn't keep the 1969 Charger Registry going back in 2013... YOU stepped up and received all the Charger Registry data/info/domain name to safeguard it back then, as you called taking it over at that time a "stewardship" of the data/info and Domain name.

Quote from Ghoste back on May 31st 2013, regarding the 1969 Dodge Charger Registry
"I have volunteered to take over the stewardship of this registry from Chris.  He has forwarded the database on to me and the domain name.  When I get back home I will get someone from our IT dept. to help me set up a website for it.  I think the initial plans will be to set up pretty much the same way Chris did.  He did a fantastic job with it and certainly earned a break.  I will do my best to live up to the standard he set."

Life has gotten in the way... everybody understands that,
just sayín.....
maybe it's time to accept some help ?    No harm/foul/or shame.... but is there any way we can get the data/info from the '69 Charger Registry you were forwarded ?
and,
start a new effort to maintain the "Stewardship" as you called the data/info/domain name you were forwarded ? of the '69 Charger Registry ?