News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger Registry Any updates?

Started by 66FBCharger, June 10, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cncguy

Is there a possibility of moving forward without Ghoste?

Challenger340

Quote from: Cncguy on March 19, 2016, 06:48:39 AM
Is there a possibility of moving forward without Ghoste?

I don't know, I am not a tech guy ? maybe someone more Tech savvy can comment ?

But I don't believe so, seeing as how all the 69 Charger Registry info/data was forwarded to Ghoste, and the "Domain" name which he has registered in his name, would probably have to be released or assigned by him, same as when Chris assigned it to Ghoste when he "volunteered" to keep the '69 Charger Registry going ?
IMO,
the "stewardship" he so eloquently agreed to step up and take over ? is now more likely "ownership" for all intents and purposes for anyone else wishing to move forward ?

I guess you could start from scratch ?
Start collecting data/info all over again.... and register the Domain name something like 1969 "coke bottle" shaped Dodge Registry ?

I am just not sure why Ghoste won't accept some help in this regard ? If in fact he doesn't want any help ?
Even just a Yes or NO ?

He has gone strangely quiet since this threads resurrection ?
for a guy who averaging 10 posts per day ? 12,279 since he took over the 69 Registry ?  

But I don't think 3 years on..... that it is unexpected, nor unreasonable,  that people interested in seeing the 69 Charger Registry back up and running would be asking ? or offering ? a little more diligently to help with with Registry's return ?

Who knows.... maybe he is taking a hiatus from here to get it done RIGHT NOW ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

rebby

My primary concern is the DATA, I'm not so concerned about the domain name (although that would be good to have straightened out as well). If I can get a copy of the data though, I can get something back online. I don't need to get help from "an IT guy" either. I own the hosting environment, I own the servers, I have root access to everything, I am a certified DBA, and I do web development. End to end here. I'm more than willing to take this on and the sooner the better, we got snow again last night so I'd rather work on it now than when the weather gets nice.

Does anybody still have a copy of the data? Chris? Sorry, I don't know much of the back story on why Chris needed to move the registry.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Cncguy

Maybe Ghoste would be willing to sell Data? We could all pitch in.

charger chris

:popcrn:  :scratchchin:  I could help out. I don't have much but I am sure I can find acuple of dollars I could send. :2thumbs:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Just 6T9 CHGR

I still have my excel file but stopped making entries back in 2013 or so....

This is what I left off at....

TOTAL XP   1483   XP
TOTAL XS   895   XS
TOTAL XS-H   62   XS-Hemi
TOTAL XX500   83   XX 500
TOTAL XX500-H   45   XX 500-H
TOTAL XXDAY   113   XX Daytona
TOTAL XXDAY-H   11   XX Daytona-H
TOTAL XS-Bahama Yellow   1   
TOTAL XS-   Rallye Green   1   
TOTAL XXDAY-   Omaha Orange   1   

2695   Total Cars
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Challenger340

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 20, 2016, 10:53:59 AM

TOTAL XP   1483   XP
TOTAL XS   895   XS
TOTAL XS-   Rallye Green   1   
TOTAL XXDAY-   Omaha Orange   1   

2695   Total Cars

That would be fantastic Chris !
I didn't know if you were still around or were open to contact ?
Even with that data we could surely get it growing, and I am guessing expand it dramatically very quickly from there.  

Is it ok for me to pm you ?

Ghoste seems to have gone completely silent since this thread gained traction ?
I dunno what's up with that ?
For a guy who was averaging 10 posts per day/12,279 posts over the last 3 years.... all of a sudden ?  since this thread started gaining traction to get the '69 Charger Registry up & running again.... GONE... NADA.... ZILCH....
I sure hope he is OK ?  
He seems by his own accounts to have had his share of misfortune befall ? hence why 3 years later NO '69 Registry ? That's why people thought pitching in might help get it going ?

Cncguy

Ghoste avoiding this thread is proof he probably should just let the charger registry go, to someone who has time and pays attention to what other charger owners want.

E86/A47

Ghoste was last active on 3/15 and his last post was in this thread on that day. Maybe he is busy and has not logged on to the forum in a few days.

charger chris

Please no finger pointing. All that stuff don't help things. We don't know what going with him. We all are good people on here just some time life gets in the way. We stick together on this. Collect information you can find. Then start a new data base. I think we as a whole have a lot of  info on here. :popcrn:  :2thumbs: :cheers:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

May I  suggest some thing when this new is made. That we have more then one person have data back up some where. That way not just one person has the info and no one can hold info hostage. :2thumbs:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Dodge Don

Other than the domain name, which an alternate could be used...as long as the transfer of data was not codified in some legal fashion then Chris can send the 2013 data to another party to start fresh. Hell of a shame to let it waste away after all of Chris' hard work.

charger chris

:2thumbs: :cheers:
Quote from: Dodge Don on March 20, 2016, 07:58:23 PM
Other than the domain name, which an alternate could be used...as long as the transfer of data was not codified in some legal fashion then Chris can send the 2013 data to another party to start fresh. Hell of a shame to let it waste away after all of Chris' hard work.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

rebby

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 20, 2016, 10:53:59 AM

TOTAL XP   1483   XP
TOTAL XS   895   XS
TOTAL XS-   Rallye Green   1   
TOTAL XXDAY-   Omaha Orange   1   

2695   Total Cars

Chris, if you don't mind, please email this to me (charger@rebby.com). I'll get the SS online right away and start work on a website/DB solution as well. That's a start anyway. Thanks!
Curt Rebelein, Junior

Troy

Just because there isn't any progress on the web site does not mean there's nothing going on with the Registry. It's important to note that they are totally different (and easily separable) things. One can build a really cool, informational site about 69 Chargers without having the data from the Registry. Since that data isn't publicly accessible (even on the old site) I highly doubt that's the part that people "miss".

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on March 21, 2016, 03:59:17 PM
Just because there isn't any progress on the web site does not mean there's nothing going on with the Registry. It's important to note that they are totally different (and easily separable) things. One can build a really cool, informational site about 69 Chargers without having the data from the Registry. Since that data isn't publicly accessible (even on the old site) I highly doubt that's the part that people "miss".

Troy

That is true Troy.  I have a lot of personal info (car whereabouts etc) that was entrusted to me over the years.  Shawn is the curator right now.  He will chime in shortly Im sure.  he has not been active in the last few days.  Give him some time to weigh in...

A website could be built around all the data to be added in later
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 sublime

I think it is uncool for you guys to be trying to get this info that Ghoste already has been entrusted with with out Ghoste saying go for it
Did you not already read what he said he was up against the last little while ??

If it is so important to you why did you not volunteer to host it in the first place ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Challenger340

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 21, 2016, 09:04:53 PM
I think it is uncool for you guys to be trying to get this info that Ghoste already has been entrusted with with out Ghoste saying go for it
Did you not already read what he said he was up against the last little while ??

If it is so important to you why did you not volunteer to host it in the first place ?

Sorry you feel that way.
But to be clear, no one here is offering anything but help and assistance, in getting the '69 Registry data/info back up into the public domain where it used to be 3 years ago..... for the benefit of all enthusiasts.
Opinions can vary with people, and you are most certainly entitled to yours.

But after 3 long years,
just sayĆ­n.... others may be of the opinion that at the very least some "help" could at least be offered to Ghoste with this effort, to lighten his burden, given, that by his own accounts the tribulations "life" has thrown his way have stalled the '69 Registries return.

And most respectfully here to Ghoste, all anyone here has done is to ask Ghoste himself, if he would accept that help ? Both HERE and in PM ?
Even just a YES.... or a NO ?
But strangely he has gone completely silent for the past 7 days ?
I sincerely hope something bad has not befallen him again ? because he was averaging 10 posts per day on here, 12,279 posts over the last 3 years and has never been silent more than a day since this threads resurrection ?

I don't think anyone can be blamed as being "UNCOOL" ?.... for offering to HELP someone after 3 long years ? who has by their own account undergone.... had a job change, a divorce, a child enter university, am a single parent of two, as well as a couple of personal issues.

Cncguy

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 21, 2016, 09:04:53 PM

So at what point do we move forward if not now? 5 years? 10 years? Maybe our kids can start a registry?

rebby

Just to be clear, I have no desire to "hijack" and/or "steal" the registry. I just want to see it back online and available. I'd also hate to lose any of the data that so many worked so hard to accumulate over the years. That said, I'm up for taking it on 100% if need be. I'm even happier to assist Ghoste if he'd like to get this up and running.
Curt Rebelein, Junior

ht4spd307

he's copped it all :rant: :scope:  :callme: :whistling: :violin: :sorry: :ohhthesarcasm:  :sleep: betcha ghoste comes out with guns blazing  :2guns: look out if he wanted help he would ask

moparfan53

Quote from: tracpack440 on March 11, 2016, 09:44:22 PM
Does any one have any info from the old site. Maybe screen shots. Just wanted to look at production numbers and any other info that was there.  :2thumbs:  :popcrn:

Here is another site that has the production numbers. http://www.moparmuscle69.com/productionfigures.htm

Like many of you, I also used the old site often and would like to see it back.

:cheers:

rebby

FYI, not totally useless but it's somewhat a shell of the old site -> https://web.archive.org/web/20121105114047/http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/
Curt Rebelein, Junior

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: rebby on March 22, 2016, 09:12:31 PM
FYI, not totally useless but it's somewhat a shell of the old site -> https://web.archive.org/web/20121105114047/http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/

Cooooooooooool!!!! Got all my info in books from this site :D
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI