News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger Registry Any updates?

Started by 66FBCharger, June 10, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

The facts so far as I see it, and would love to be proven wrong.....
the '69 Registry is gone, and so is the data/registry domain name, which is now all held in the hands of one individual, and he is NOT sharing the info/domain name, nor accepting any help.
It is his, his alone, and too bad for anyone else.

Sad but true.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Troy

Hopefully Ghoste will be at the Mopar Nationals in a little over a week and available for some encouragement or advice. Let's see what shakes out.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Troy

I didn't make it. Sucky weather and I had some things come up at home.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bow-hunter

Hi,
I am just new to this site and I had emailed admin@1969chargerregistry.com and the email came back.  So is this site down?  I was wondering where I would go to find out how many 1969 Dodge Charger SE with a 383 and 4 speed manual there was made?
I had found these numbers ~1441~ ....XP Chargers(81 4-SPD)(204 SE & 187 White Hat Specials, but it does not have it broken down to SE 4speeds the way I read it,,,,maybe I read it wrong though.
thanks in advance for any help or info.

lukedukem

Yes it's down. Been down for awhile. PM this guy
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=71

He is the one with all the info

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

polywideblock

I'm just hoping ghoste is still with us and doing well  :2thumbs:
I know what the whole divorce /single dad shit is like and it ain't no bed of roses  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

lukedukem

Has anyone reached out to him. Someone must have a number

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Challenger340

Quote from: lukedukem on August 27, 2016, 07:19:15 PM
Has anyone reached out to him. Someone must have a number

Luke

IMO, I believe people have "reached out" to him ?
and done a great job in offering assistance, help, support, and pretty much anything else he may require ?
ALL to no avail.

I think that the only thing left, that Ghoste has NOT been offered is CASH ? 

Hmmmmm. I wonder ?

ht4spd307

if he has all this happening in his life he wouldn't have time for the registry  as we all have a priority list, maybe  hand it over to someone that has the time    :scratchchin:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: polywideblock on August 20, 2016, 08:31:09 PM
I know what the whole divorce /single dad shit is like and it ain't no bed of roses  :Twocents:
Quote from: ht4spd307 on August 29, 2016, 03:45:49 AM
if he has all this happening in his life he wouldn't have time for the registry  as we all have a priority list, maybe  hand it over to someone that has the time    :scratchchin:
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Challenger340

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 29, 2016, 09:19:21 AM

Well, that's exactly what many people tried offering if you read back through this thread ? 

He just disappeared.

Like I said... about the only thing he wasn't offered in the way of assistance.... was "money" to give up the data/info/domain name so we could get the '69 Registry up and running again ?

lukedukem

Quote from: Challenger340 on August 30, 2016, 04:20:58 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 29, 2016, 09:19:21 AM

Well, that's exactly what many people tried offering if you read back through this thread ? 

He just disappeared.

Like I said... about the only thing he wasn't offered in the way of assistance.... was "money" to give up the data/info/domain name so we could get the '69 Registry up and running again ?

:scratchchin: 

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

charger_fan_4ever

I doubt Ghoste is holding out for $$.

5 years ago the guy offered to drive 2 hours one way to look at a car for me no charge. In the end the deal didn't work out, so he didn't have to go.

LaOtto70Charger

What is stopping anyone from starting a new registry with a slightly different name for the 69s?

TPR

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on September 07, 2016, 01:22:01 PM
What is stopping anyone from starting a new registry with a slightly different name for the 69s?

Yeah, maybe its time to get off Ghostes case and just start again with a new registry via Google Sheets, as Homerr has done with the '68's?
Ghoste can come back and add to it, if or when he's ready.
:Twocents:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

moparfan53

Quote from: bow-hunter on August 16, 2016, 05:39:15 PM
Hi,
I am just new to this site and I had emailed admin@1969chargerregistry.com and the email came back.  So is this site down?  I was wondering where I would go to find out how many 1969 Dodge Charger SE with a 383 and 4 speed manual there was made?
I had found these numbers ~1441~ ....XP Chargers(81 4-SPD)(204 SE & 187 White Hat Specials, but it does not have it broken down to SE 4speeds the way I read it,,,,maybe I read it wrong though.
thanks in advance for any help or info.

Hello and welcome.  :wave:

I realize this is a late reply but I have not been on here for a while.

No, you are not reading the info wrong. The way Chrysler kept their records, we do not know the combinations of options, only how many of each option.  :(

So we know how many XP cars had option D21 (4 speed) and how many had A47 (SE package), but not how many had both D21 and A47.

This is when I am envious of Ford enthusiasts  ;D  as Ford kept track of combinations. Many Mustang owners can legitimately claim and prove that their car is 1 of 1, 1 of 10 etc when every possible option is considered.

I also hope the registry gets back again. It was a valuable information source.

:cheers:

BS27R1B

Marti Auto has the actual sales records from Ford and this is how he provides the accurate information on Ford Products.
More recently Kevin Marti came into possession of the actual factory invoices for Ford products. These invoices had been in Lois Eminger's care for years.
I personally have obtained the original factory invoice for my 1969 Mustang and tell you there is no better feeling than when this original document arrived. It is one of the original copies of the dealer Invoice, not a photocopy or a scanned copy. The down side here though is once the factory Invoice has been obtained by a car's owner that is it, there is no copy retained by Marti. It is up to the owner to then preserve and pass on the document. Sometimes this does not happen.
I sure wish we could get this document from Chrysler for our Mopars, it sure goes a long way to cut out the BS on these old Fords.

Here is a link to Marti's site. On the left side click on the Original Invoices tab. https://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm
' objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are'

polywideblock

weren't a lot of mopars records destroyed in a  huge fire  in the records department  :popcrn:

sdweatherman

Quote from: polywideblock on October 04, 2016, 01:01:25 AM
weren't a lot of mopars records destroyed in a  huge fire  in the records department  :popcrn:
So the story goes...which may be a cover for another story I heard from a little birdie...
This is only a story - I have no proof...
At some point in the late 70s, an individual in the records department started throwing away folder and folders of car records from the late 60s and early 70s. His justification - the records are more than 7 years old, so we don't need them anymore. Chrysler also keeps a master tape - which a lot of these records are on. So they could print out new records - but that would cost a lot of dough to do - and that would cut into the bottom line for the company. So it has not been done. The fire story may have been just the company spin doctors spinning a tale to save face for their moronic employee.
Again, only a story I have heard - no proof.

On the registry note - Ghoste is trying another website hosting service. I hope this one works out to his satisfaction. Hold tight a little longer.
Scott.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Dodge Don

Years ago I had an unrelated business meeting with Chrysler Canada. At the end of the meeting I decided to ask if they had stored records from 1970 model year hidden away somewhere. The basic answer was no...."why the hell would we keep stuff that old".

lukedukem

Quote from: sdweatherman on October 05, 2016, 12:30:30 AM
So the story goes...which may be a cover for another story I heard from a little birdie...
At some point in the late 70s, an individual in the records department started throwing away folder and folders of car records from the late 60s and early 70s. His justification - the records are more than 7 years old, so we don't need them anymore. Chrysler also keeps a master tape - which a lot of these records are on. So they could print out new records - but that would cost a lot of dough to do - and that would cut into the bottom line for the company. So it has not been done. The fire story may have been just the company spin doctors spinning a tale to save face for their moronic employee.

On the registry note - Ghoste is trying another website hosting service. I hope this one works out to his satisfaction. Hold tight a little longer.
Scott.

:popcrn:

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

Quote from: sdweatherman on October 05, 2016, 12:30:30 AM

Scott.

Been a month, any word on this

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

polywideblock

hate to say it but some people don't like being pushed  :yesnod: the more someone pushes the more they dig their heels in .
not saying ghoste is one of them but just sayin   :Twocents: