News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door looms

Started by Aussiemadonmopars, June 15, 2015, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussiemadonmopars

Has anyone used door looms for running wiring into their doors? What have other people used?

Dino

I need to find some as well, but that billet thing isn't doing it for me.  I'd like to find something that matches the stock holes as close as possible so I should take some measurements and see what's out there first.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Aussiemadonmopars

Yeah I've found there is a bit of a problem too with the way the door opens and the panel on the side of the car i.e. the door doesn't go face to face with the panel on the side of the car. That's why I would love to know how other people have done it without looking like crap. Which of the stock holes are you talking about?

Dino

On a power window car, that dimple between the hinges would be a hole.  On the door the dimple is lower, just above the lower hinge.  That gives you enough offset to have an s-shaped loom.

Aussiemadonmopars

Ahhh haaa, cool, thanks for the info. Does the factory wiring have a sleeve or cover over it or is it just the tape and a few grommets?

I can't quite see how 2 Gunz has done his either...

Dino

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on June 16, 2015, 08:33:03 AM
Ahhh haaa, cool, thanks for the info. Does the factory wiring have a sleeve or cover over it or is it just the tape and a few grommets?

I can't quite see how 2 Gunz has done his either...

The factory used 2 large conical grommets, and the wiring itself was just taped I think.  I have the loom out of a c body and it was taped with the cloth looking kind, the one that sticks to itself.

You can find flexible braided hose made for this purpose on eBay.  I'd rather find a plain black rubber harmonica style cover that's offset.  I had found some a while back that may work but of course I can't find it right now...

Aussiemadonmopars

I found one on e-bay, it's about 18" long and a fixed style rather than a free floating type. Would that be long enough though?