News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Performance numbers

Started by jabo, June 18, 2015, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

jabo

No more information/recommendations?  :'(

Smal questtion by the way. How do you measure the HP in the USA? In germany we talk about the HP at the crank/clutch. Do you do this also? Or do you talk about the wheel horse power?

ChargerST

Have you contacted any members yet? Also look up Best Machines Racing Engines and get in contact with them.

Challenger340

Quote from: jabo on June 26, 2015, 01:45:00 AM
No more information/recommendations?  :'(

Smal questtion by the way. How do you measure the HP in the USA? In germany we talk about the HP at the crank/clutch. Do you do this also? Or do you talk about the wheel horse power?

At our Shop we talk Crankshaft/Flywheel Horsepower as measured on a Superflow SF902 Dynomometer.

Your query regarding 1,000 hp carbureted engines requires more information, specifically the fuel grade to be used.
While 900-1,000 hp is doable on 91 Octane "Pump Fuels", invariably the Camshaft profiles required become restrictive to sustained REAL Street driving useage.

What I am saying is this....
about 900 hp on pump gas can be achieved with HEMI's for "limited" street useage(a few thousand KMs per year)
and,
about 750-800hp on pump gas for the Wedges.
see here:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,96184.0.html

"Stock" Engine Blocks, even with a girdle(band-aid) are NOT conduscive for either of the above, further adding to costs with pressure on limited accessibility to aftermarket Blocks these days.

Realistically, IMO
using a "stock" 440 Block.... builds around the 650-675hp level on readily available 91 Octane fuel, that are fully streetable for extended useage should be considered, as both cost effective and reliable.
We will be Dyno'ing a 440 based 505 with Edelbrock Heads(ported) at the above level very soon, that would be a good example so I will keep you posted.

Bob
Only wimps wear Bowties !

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Awesome build!!! You are very talented please keep us updated with pictures of the build!
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

cincyboy

:popcrn:

Ok can someone do an editorial for these sheet metal fix  photos for a rookie? 

1) I know the red primer is like a nox primer but what is the transparent gold seal? It looks like it is being used between sheetmetal mating surfaces.

2) I don't feel as bad about my welded in patches before grinding.  Care to release your secret for shaping them back true?  Disc type and grit# order of progression ? 

jabo

Hello and welcome back!

Now im pritty finished with my project and I hope the pictures will be uploaded!

But I have some questions. How to set the ignition timing with the parts of my first post? I want to run 93US AON or 95US AON Fuel. Will be 20* initial timing and 35-36* advanced timing ok? Do I set the ignition in neutral or park position? My idle in "neutral" is some around 1200rpm now. And the distributor doesn't have a vacuum hose. Do I set the initial or advanced timing first?

Later i will send some more pic's.

Laowho

Quote from: jabo on June 22, 2015, 02:51:48 PM
Thanks! I search for a long time for subframe connectors and on the end I preferred this one. I have a friend that deal with muscle cars and work every weekend on them. I ask him what he think about. And he say that this one are the best that he knows. You can feel it at an normal ride he say. The other one only attached at the front and on the rear. These one are everywhere attached. And after installation the front and rear sub frame are connected to one piece (ok, you can hear it by the name  :brickwall:)

Absolutely, but we added the torque boxes too as they work differently. Used to feel very boat-ish but I was wanting to dive in and outa lanes and hugging the rolling hills. Absolutely different car and how I remember these feeling. A must IMHO, from what I've read everywhere, and now I know.

jabo

The time has come. My project will be finished!!!  :drive:
But i think it will be a never ending story.  :hack:

Now some photos of my dream that i started to rebuild on february 2013.

jabo

Now some pictures from the paint job and installation of engine/trans/axle. :coolgleamA:

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

BDF

Harper

awesome build that thing looks freakin awesome!! congrats!! :cheers: :cheers:
thanks for sharing
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)