News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 SE sail panel emblem location needed

Started by DixieRestoParts, June 26, 2015, 05:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DixieRestoParts

Guys,

Need some help. My body guy installed new quarters on my car and didn't record the SE emblem location. Could someone please measure the emblem location on the sail panel and post? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Randy

:drive:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

69 OUR/TEA

I will get you some close up pics with measurements later tonight . Is your car a vinyl top car ?

A34

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

69 OUR/TEA

Two of you need these measurements ????

Anyway , here are the pics of each side with easy to follow diagram to locate the holes . On the holes for the vinyl top trim , with a straight edge connect the 2 , then with something to use as a 90 degree angle draw a line up to the first hole , then do the same to make a line right on the edge of the rear side window opening .
Now , with that , to my surprise , my car has different front to back measurements from side to side !!!! ????? My car is an original SE , has its original sheet metal , is in bare metal so I can see no other holes have ever been drilled in it before . I tried to find my emblems , but they are buried somewhere I cannot find right now to see if is staggered from the factory because of one of the pins being the one that has the nut threaded on , and to see if they purposely did that because of the small area on the inside of car where you would get access to them .
Tomorrow night I am going to check out another members car that lives near me that also is a 69 SE and is original sheet metal to see where the holes are on it . Will report back on what I find on it .

69 OUR/TEA

pics.....

Lennard

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 28, 2015, 08:19:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. I think he explained it before in another topic... one reply is from his home computer and one from his office computer. ;)

A34

Quote from: Lennard on June 28, 2015, 10:01:10 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 28, 2015, 08:19:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. I think he explained it before in another topic... one reply is from his home computer and one from his office computer. ;)

Yep, sorry. Thanks for the pics. I'm interested in what the other guys car's measurements are. Funny that they are not the same side to side.
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

69 OUR/TEA

Could'nt get there last night , will be Weds night .

69 OUR/TEA

O.K , here we go , read carefully .
Went to check out another car that I know is def orig sheetmetal . You all should know by now with these older cars , don't be surprised if they are not consistent .
This car I looked at tonight has the holes like so : from the bottom line I had drawn from left to right connecting the trim holes , they are at 2- 3/4'' up , whereas mine are at 3'' even .
Then , on his drivers side , his first hole from side back window opening (where my measurement starts , line drawn going up) , is exactly 3'' , where mine is at 3- 1/2'' .
So we have a difference of 1/2'' front to back comparing both cars .
Now , this is where to read carefully (must check out the pics of emblems) . The emblems do not have a left and a right , they are the same . The emblems are exactly 3'' wide , the stud that you thread the nut onto is direct center of the emblem , ( 1- 1/2'' ) . The other is just an alignment pin  , and is to the left of the attachment stud , and happens to be exactly 7/8'' from the stud .

Which explains why the holes are " staggered " , and self explains on my cars pics , drivers side first hole is 3-1/2 " add the 7/8'' = 4-3/8'' (attaching stud hole ) . Then the passengers side , first hole at ( I wrote 4-1/4'' , but actually is closer to 4-3/8'' ) , is the attaching stud , then go 7/8'' to the left , is the alignment pin .

So what is correct ? Well , off the bottom line connecting the trim holes , go whatever you feel looks best to you 2-3/4'' or 3'' up . And as far as front to back , pay attention on the inside of car where you need to put the " nut" on the emblem stud , make sure it falls in that area dedicated for it that you will see on the inside where your sail panel board goes . Again , mine are at 4-3/8'' ( the attaching stud) from the rear side window opening edge (as in pics) .

69 OUR/TEA

pics of emblems to explain ......

DixieRestoParts

Awesome, thanks. It doesn't surprise me that they are a half inch off. Good Chrysler line quality. LOL.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price