News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Diecast Push Bar Rebuild

Started by 70ChargerX2, June 27, 2015, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70ChargerX2

As many of you know the diecast Generals come with the first generation push bars on them which is fine if they fit right but they don't and they are way out of scale.
So after selling off a few older diecast cars to make room for the Auto World version which I consider to be the best offering of the General to date I decided I was still not happy with the push bar it comes with and I wanted a bit more accurate second gen push bar on mine. I looked around on line and found one that someone had fabricated to be screwed into place on these cars which was great but after the cost of it and shipping it was about $50.00.
Being a modeler I said the hell with that noise and set out on a mission to build my own. I am sure with the 3D printers that are out there now you will start to see these second gen push bars being made to fit just right on these cars.
Mine is not perfect but I feel it is much more prototypical than what comes from the factory plus it can be easily removed and the stock one can be replaced in a matter of minuets. Auto world goofed on the Roll Bar for this car as well because it is way too far back and I was going to carefully disassemble the car to fabricate a more accurate one for it but with the price of this car now reaching the stupid money point I am going to leave it alone.
The underside picture shows how it is attached with angle brackets and in this picture they have not been painted flat black yet to show better how it is attached to the car.
For all the DOH fans out there I hope this a good representation of the real deal.

Paulie

JT01

70ChargerX2

Quote from: JT01 on June 27, 2015, 10:27:14 PM
Looks great much better

Thank you.
Glad you approve.

Here are a couple more pics of it completed.

Paulie

JT01

70ChargerX2

Thank you again
Much appreciated.

Paulie