News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Cluster Restoration Complete

Started by DC_1, June 30, 2015, 09:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Well I finally got the restoration of my cluster completed.

The colour match of the repo bezel is a little off compared to the original defroster delete plate. Guess Ill have to order a new one since I can't live with this mismatch.

DC_1

Clusters new home on my desk credenza until I get the dash frame blasted and painted.....hopefully this weekend.

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Barfyspitz

I wish I would've replaced my dash cluster when I was putting the new – Pad in.  is it possible to replace the cluster without removing the dash?

Dino

Quote from: Barfyspitz on June 30, 2015, 09:50:15 PM
I wish I would've replaced my dash cluster when I was putting the new – Pad in.  is it possible to replace the cluster without removing the dash?

'68 right?  Yes you can and you don't even have to drop the steering column as on later years.  Easier on a non a/c car but either way it'll work.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

DC_1

Quote from: myk on July 01, 2015, 06:16:30 AM
That is one nice gauge cluster...

Thanks

I still have 3 things bothering me that I have to address.
1. Defrost delete panel colour mismatch
2. Medallion needs to be replaced
3. Brake warning lens has deep scratch that I am going to try and wet sand out before applying the lettering.  

After that it should be perfect.

I almost don't want to put it in the car since it looks good as auto-art on my desk!

DC_1

Still moving along on my dash restoration.

I blasted the frame. Epoxy coated, high build, sanded, re-primed and wet sanded with 600 before putting on a few coats of SEM trim paint. I shot it out of my HVLP gun using a 2.2 tip. It gave me a bit of a texture I hope duplicates the original look. Came out decent I think. Now I am starting to put it back together.

DC_1

Found my old AM radio out of the 1969 Charger I bought in 1983 when I was in high school. I pulled it to put in a Pioneer back in the day.

Cleaned it up and gave it a new life in the 68.

Dino

VegasCharger

Great stuff!!!!!!

That's the first time I've seen "Chryco" on a 68-69 B Body radio face plate.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

DC_1

I know the purist won't care for this but I was sick of the shittty dash lights that are hard to see at night so I decided to go LED

The picture makes them look more blue and brighter than they actually are. In real life they have a much softer blue hue and are not as glowing as they appear here but you get the idea.

I also did the turn signal dash lights and E Brake light

Dino

I did the same to my cluster and I love it!  This is how they should look.  I love driving this car at night.   :yesnod: