News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger bucket seat back foams?

Started by b5blue, July 02, 2015, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I had and read a link to 70 registry on reupholstering bucket seats but lost in when my laptop crashed early last month. The poster never did say exactly what foams he modified. I've bought new Legendary bottom foams and will likely have to buy a full set of foams just to get seat back foams. Just what foams work best for seat backs on the buckets of a 70 Charger?  :shruggy: (Also where to get them from?)
Thanks!

b5blue

Hey Thanks!  :cheers: I've gotta go down to the frames my stuff is kinda stinky.  :eek2: (I'm riding with just one old messed up seat right now.)

tsmithae

Quote from: hawkeye on July 02, 2015, 06:34:51 PM
http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=1920.0  I think he got the foam from Dantes.

Yep, I got those from Dante's.  They were the 70/71 A/E Body seat back foams.   :2thumbs:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

b5blue

Hey! Thanks for the write up and info!  :2thumbs:

tsmithae

Quote from: b5blue on July 03, 2015, 11:11:50 AM
Hey! Thanks for the write up and info!  :2thumbs:

My pleasure.  Good luck with yours and I'd love to see the progress!  Any questions at all, feel free to PM me and I can do what I  can to help.   :2thumbs:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

b5blue

After reading your write up I kinda had to regroup, much more to it then I imagined. I hope to start soon but have a few things do finish first. (Not Charger related.) I will definitely keep in touch and take pics to post as I go!  :cheers:

b5blue

Well home repair/remodel put this off a lot longer then planned but getting ready to order foams. Looks like I'll have to order complete sets and that will mean extra set of bottoms available if anyone wants a good deal let me know! (Bought correct bottoms from Legendary Int. with skins.) 

The70RT

I ordered foam from year one for a 70 Charger, hopefully I wont need to alter the foam much or any at all I hope.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

b5blue

I talked to Tony @ L.Int. and he said "they were working on foams for 70 Charger" but I can't wait anymore. So I had Tony send 70-71 A/E body bucket foam and he referred to the set as "the ones with the straight lines". so we'll see what comes next week.  :scratchchin:
  The foams should include the muslin fabric and as I was saving 30% I included the hog ring tool they sell for 30 bucks. (So 241.00 total shipped.) 

b5blue

Foam set just arrived. The seat bottoms are identical to the "70 Charger" seat bottom foams bought last year right down to the part number embossed on the underside. (?) The part # for this set is: MF70CBLJSET and the listing is: "71 DART, 70 CHALLENGER VINYL, 70/71 CUDA LEATHER SEAT FOAM" (The muslin for gluing to the sides is included also.)
This set is just like the set used by tsmithae in his topic so it should just need the cutting he's outlined. The 30.00 hog ring pliers kit with 200 rings is part # TAHOGHVY and is American made high quality from REPUBLIC FASTENER PRODUCTS CORP labeled: KITXX250/BOX. This set makes the others I've seen online look like junk.
So now I have a few items left to get, glue for the muslin, new side/rear cover screws and decide to ether find new wire for burlap, just double up on burlap or use auto carpet under foam to even out spring tension on the seat. (?) I'll get my camera charged up and post some pics soon.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Talked to L. Int. today. They are letting me return the extra bottoms for a refund.  :2thumbs: (That helps fund the kit for the rear seat so I ordered that.)
 Yea for THAT!  :lol: My 2nd layer of burlap should be here soon also.

b5blue

Seat bottoms returned, FedEx charged 32.00 to send, got a refund of 96.00 despite paying 129.00? I decided on going with double layer burlap instead of using wire reinforcing so got some from Amazon, about 20 bucks for quite a bit. Rear seat stuffing set came in pretty simple, sheets of foam/cotton wadding/burlap and wrapped wire. Only detail left is spray glue but I consider it important enough to get recommendations from others here. None have replied to my targeted question just yet. I'll call L. Int. Monday to see what they use. I've got my stuff spread out all over the house letting it relax from being boxed up since last year. The new aftermarket seat belt sets I ordered match the B5 Blue very close but the new bucket seat rear covers contrast more than expected. So I'm almost ready to start a new topic and cover my rebuilding/recovering of my 70 Charger stinky seat set.  (Really, they smell nasty not just old but funkier in a bad way!  :eek2: )   

Alaskan_TA

Dap Weldwood Contact Cement, Lowes should have it, 16oz. spray can.

Alaskan_TA

Yep. I have used it on a lot of clients seats, works great, just follow the directions.

b5blue