News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 daytona wing mounting hole template

Started by 6869, July 03, 2015, 11:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I had my lines on the car where the very back should be and where the inside edge should be (I gathered these measurements up when the question had been asked before and saved them)

Yes I could pry my uprights in and out some but I just got them so they would fit on the lines and taped down my template and called it good

On my templates I made
I made one and tried it on the other upright and the 2 center studs where not in the same spot so I have 2 different templates a left and a right  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Old Moparz

Quote from: A383Wing on July 06, 2015, 10:06:32 PM

The horizontal section on my Nascar wing is 57-3/8" across

Thanks. :cheers:

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 07, 2015, 11:33:03 AM

Having said that, can someone tell me what the correct length is supposed to be for a Daytona?

The Superbird and Daytona center section, although the same extruded profile/shape are 2 different lengths, the Bird is 55 1/2" +/- 1/4", the Daytona is 57 1/2" +/- 1/4", being that they were hand cut as they were extruded, plus hand finishing at final assembly, the lengths varied...

The Daytona uprights viewed from the rear of the car, should have no taper, a stock wing will measure approx. 60" center to center on the verticals cords on an assembled wing, the cords are the vertical trailing edges top to bottom,....one mistake to avoid is bolting a wing together and positioning it on a car for placement, some wings OEM or repro when bolted together will splay the cords with a taper, the worst case scenario is to have the wing's cords taper down towards the base, making the wing appear pinched at the base when viewed from the rear...

regarding OEM and various aftermarket wings, the heights, base size, and stud location can vary greatly, the only wings to date that have an OEM base size/stud configuration are of course OEM, Janak and Dayclona repro wings, I have had at one time or another almost every repro wing in my procession, and have seen the variations firsthand, so don't make the mistake of mounting one wing, only to substitute it later, you'll only be in for a surprise

mike

Are the other dimensions & shape EXACTLY the same for both the Super Bird & the Daytona?  :shruggy:

I'm going to measure both horizontal parts of the wings later to see if they match these numbers match. If they are the same other than the length, I'm starting to wonder if I may have one of each.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

70 sublime

Daytona and Bird wing are different uprights
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

Has anyone stuck a plymouth wing on a dodge before?  :shruggy:

Old Moparz

I finally had a chance to unwrap the wings to measure them again & this is what I have.....

Dane's Solid aluminum Wing .... 55-15/16"
Ted Janak's Fiberglass Wing ..... 57-7/16"

It's exactly a 1-1/2" difference, but splitting that into two 3/4" for each side should be okay.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Lighthorseman

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on July 07, 2015, 11:54:41 PM

Yes...I've seen it done.  The Superbird tail actually hangs over the butt end of the Charger.  Just my opinion, but I think it looks pretty cool.  Sadly, I haven't any pictures.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Lighthorseman on August 20, 2017, 02:44:50 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on July 07, 2015, 11:54:41 PM

Yes...I've seen it done.  The Superbird tail actually hangs over the butt end of the Charger.  Just my opinion, but I think it looks pretty cool.  Sadly, I haven't any pictures.

alfaitalia

Just my opinion...as not a great Daytona fan....but i think the Bird wing looks better on the Charger than the Daytona one. I like the extra rake it has.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!