News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPERBIRD NOSE TO FENDER SEALS , DAYTONA TRUNK CAP INSTALLED

Started by daytonalo, April 02, 2006, 01:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

HER IS A PIC OF A YEAR ONE SUPERBIRD NOSE TO FENDER SEAL THAT I WANT TO USE ON MY DAYTONA . MIKE IT MEARURES 7/8 OF AN INCH LONG AND 11/16 WIDE . LARRY

dayclona

Larry,
I found a remnant of "bird" seal, and installed it on a spare Daytona/ 70 charger fender, if you install it on the leading edge pinchweld with the large section of the moulding bulb to the outside surface of the car,..installed the bulb sits 5/8" high,...........from the outside fender skin to the bulb is approx. 3/16"-1/4" gap,............if your cone (which I am unaware of its construction/ finish) is a 1/4 " thick, it would just make contact,..............also the measurement that I have from the bulb rear edge to the fender / pinchweld vertical face is a gap of 3/8",.........so with a cone installed you should not see the seal unless you peer in at an angle, the seal would be right on the inside edge, with a 1/4' - 3/8" gap between the fender edge and the cone, .............check the thickness of your cone?,...like I said before the seal in this configuration is more of a buffer to absorb movement of the cone(road vibration), than to be a decorative trim,..............if its to much BS to make the seal work,..........forgo any seal at all? if you wish

Mike G/DAYCLONA

daytonalo

HERE IS THE NOSE CONE

daytonalo

MIKE, WERE ON THE SAME PAGE NOW , I KNOW MY CONE IS NOT 1/4 THICK IT WOULD WEIGH A TON . ITS MORE LIKE A 1/8