News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

not getting any notification on my email any more when i get a pm

Started by cavemanno1, August 06, 2015, 08:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi!

First of all I'm not too good with computers so my question maybe a bit dumb!
So as the title says i don't get any emails to notify me when i got a pm from here,get from the other sites.So did i set something in my email account or how can i turn it back on?

Thank you!

Dino

Profile>Personal message options>Notify by email every time you receive a personal message>Always
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cavemanno1

Thanks Dino!  :2thumbs:

I went into my profile and it was set to "always"  :ahum:
So don't know what's going on!I used to get notifications when received a pm and haven't reset anything so...

Dino

That's strange.  I know it's common not to get notification of replies to posts you are watching, fixed by just checking those posts usually, but I have not had any issues with PM's not getting through.  Are you logged in forever?  Maybe you can log off and log back on and see if that triggers a change.  Also have the option checked to have a window pop up when you receive a message.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Have you checked your Spam folder?  That's where some of mine end up at.

cavemanno1

I'm going to log out and log in see if it sorts it out!
Got two PMs today,checked and they are not in my junk mail or anywhere in inbox!  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

cavemanno1

Got two PMs today but no notification!Oh well,guess just have to live with it!

Troy

I can check to make sure the server is sending them - but I'm getting mine so that's probably not it. If they aren't in your spam folder then they probably aren't making it all the way to you. *Sometimes* an internet service provider (or email service like you have) will get the idea that emails from the site are spam and will block them on their own. This situation is a giant pain to resolve! When people still used AOL they managed to block us - but only in the southern states. :eyes: I tried for about a year to get them to fix it with no luck. Hotmail (your email service) is also a huge nightmare to deal with (and it's a pretty crappy email platform). I just switched my profile to use my Hotmail account and sent a test message. Hotmail put it in my "Junk" folder. On the top right next to your name there's a little gear icon that will display a drop down menu when you click on it. Choose "Options". On the right side of the next page there's a heading called "Preventing junk email" and a link under that that says "Safe and blocked senders". If you follow that you can add "dodgecharger.com" to the list.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cavemanno1

Hi Troy!

Thanks for your help!
I have tried that "blocked safe sender option" and all i did was to put all the notifications to my deleted section  :shruggy: Go figure!At least i get them now,right  :lol: although they go to the wrong section!
I keep checking the site daily so i guess i just have to live with it!

Thank you!

Peter

68charger440

Try creating a G-mail account and then switch your profile here to use that account temporarily.  If it works then you know the problem is probably not with this site, and more likely with your current email provider.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!