News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XV retractable seatbelts

Started by comet_666, August 10, 2015, 09:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Quote from: cdr on August 18, 2015, 01:18:27 PM
try this company, i have their belts in my car
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/3-point-seat-belt-enb-retr.html

Aw man.  I wish I had seen that before I ordered the XV stuff.  I might be able to use Wesco's seat belt extender for the female end to help it clear the console though... :scratchchin:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Call Steve at seatbeltlanet.com 

He has the stock belts and lots of custom goodies to make sure it fits the console and the belt doesn't strangle you.  He can aso make them with a modern retractable box.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

I took a chance last night and cranked the shoulder bolt all the way into place making sure to leave room for the headliner and movement.
Does the retractor part look correct? It's not screwed down and I stuck a bolt in to hold the other part there for now.

comet_666

I was also able to wedge the other side inbetween the seat and buddy seat. I may use a heat gun to make it a bit more mobile and I may make a loop around it so it wont accidentally fall down between the seat.
Bad pic, sorry.

myk

just trying to make sure I install these belts correctly.  The retractor goes on top of the other piece and they share the same bolt, correct?  Also, on the other piece the angled side faces in towards the seat, right?

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

comet_666

I think so , it looks like the only logical set up to me.

I was wondering what this nub is for?

myk

You didn't install yours, yet?

comet_666

Nope, just hanging there. I'm installing carpet tonight so probably wednesday or this weekend i'll bolt them down.

These pictures are slightly helpful. Note the white tag location facing inward.

http://xvengineering.com/products/xv-racing-products-3-point-retractable-belt-bucket-seats-black

myk

Right.  Now I have to hope that the bolts I picked up from ebay are the right ones.  Also, there are only two holes for the shoulder belts right?  I can't see because my headliner doesn't have any holes cut out...

comet_666

One bolt hole each side.
Here is a half assed pic I took last week.

myk

Ah that helped, thank you.  Well with your pictures and XV's I mounted the driver's side belt today.  I didn't do the passenger's because I don't have enough bolts to do both sides. 

Tapping and cutting a hole into my virgin headliner broke my heart, but I guess it was worth it.  I'm worried that the shoulder portion of the seatbelt will eventually wear out the surrounding area of the headliner that it's bolted into.  Maybe some washers to push it off of the actual headliner?  As for the female end of the belt, I ended up keeping the female part of my lap belt setup because the XV female belt was waaaaaay too short; another 5 inches or so would've done it for me.  I think the problem is my height: at 5'4", my seat is all the way forward and there's no way the short female end of the XV belts will reach up there.  At least I was able to keep the plastic guide that holds the female end of the belt; it actually helps to guide the female end of the belt onto the seat where it needs to be.  Oh well, now to find more belt bolts and to think about mounting my backseat belts!

comet_666

The bolts I ordered did not work. (Wesco performance)
XV told me to use the female end of the back seat for the front, might wanna give that a shot if you have them. As for headliner, mine is not in yet but I might use something like the window crank circular black plastic thing on mine. Just dril the hole out bigger?   :shruggy:

myk

Quote from: comet_666 on August 27, 2015, 07:13:41 AM
The bolts I ordered did not work. (Wesco performance)
XV told me to use the female end of the back seat for the front, might wanna give that a shot if you have them. As for headliner, mine is not in yet but I might use something like the window crank circular black plastic thing on mine. Just dril the hole out bigger?   :shruggy:

So XV knows the front female belt is too short but they continue to sell it?  Classic lol.  I scrounged for some bolts on eBay.  XV had offered to give me some bolts for free but they didn't  ship them...

comet_666

The XV belts are for bucket seats only, in their world bucket seats mean no console or buddy seat. When I get my belts in I may have a few extra bolts left over I can send you.

myk

Thank you sir.  You're a busy bee for sure, and I appreciate the consideration...