News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Timmycharger's 68 Resto

Started by timmycharger, August 21, 2015, 07:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Thanks for the update Mike. :2thumbs:

Glad to see you're still at it with your beautiful '68!

Oh BTW I finally found the pic I lost on my work P/C of your car. It's the same pic that you posted in reply #8 of this thread.

But like I mentioned in my following reply (#9) I was fooling around with it in Micro Soft and the result is attached below. For some reason (and I don't know why) I scribbled "FOOL" on the quarter panel. And I also cropped some off the boarders (you don't see the orange cone) like you do in your pic. Please don't be mad at me, I love your Charger, I was just goofing around. The properties on my pic dates back to 5-8-2004, so I know that at some time I re-created it from when I originally found it back in 2000-01.

timmycharger

Haha no worries Bryan, too funny that you had that pic back then. I lost it years ago then remembered that I uploaded that pic to Moparts and was able to re download it.   :cheers:

Charger_Fan

Glad you were able to get your engine issues figured out, any idea why it wiped the one cam lobe? Well, at least you will be able to drive it for a few nice days before winter. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

timmycharger

Thanks, not sure what caused it to fail, the cam was from the late 1990s, installed in about 2000 or so and then sat in my engine on a stand for about 13 years after that.  I may have not cleaned the lifter bore enough or it could have been on it's way out when I took the engine out back then?

Yup, going to try to drive it as much as possible before the snow flies!

garner7555

Quote from: timmycharger on March 18, 2017, 06:21:04 PM
I just couldn't get the aftermarket door glass slides to work for me. After trashing the drivers side, I didn't bother trying to do the passenger side so I have that lying around if anyone wants it.  Maybe the AMD glass is too thick for it to work.   Got a set of Mopar slides (thanks Richard!) and below are the side by side comparisons of what they look like.  The Mopar slides were much better, the plastic pieces fit better and it had a nice curve that matched the glass.  

I had my wife help me put in the glass assemblies, not trying that alone which went in fine, but I had a long battle getting them to fit into the pin and sink in just right. I then had a big battle with the vent trying to get the angle of the glass to sit right on the seal.  I have it very close now, I just have to play with the quarter glass a bit once the rear seat is out.  The doors are very tight, not as bad as before but still snug around the top of the vent frame. I will try what Dirk suggested earlier and warm it up a bit.

I restored the wipers, popped them on with a new set blades. I polished them a little brighter than stock, but I like the look.  

Do you have the part number for the Mopar slides?   I also tried the repo ones and they didn't work.   Thanks.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

timmycharger

Sorry, I do not unfortunately. I purchased them from a member here (69bfan) but didn't save any of the packaging or receipts.   Sorry again and good luck!

birdsandbees

69bfan said he still had a couple in stock, just last week.. PM him.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

garner7555

Thanks to Both of you!    :2thumbs:   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

timmycharger

Quote from: VegasCharger on October 15, 2018, 08:14:46 PM
Thanks for the update Mike. :2thumbs:

Glad to see you're still at it with your beautiful '68!

Oh BTW I finally found the pic I lost on my work P/C of your car. It's the same pic that you posted in reply #8 of this thread.

But like I mentioned in my following reply (#9) I was fooling around with it in Micro Soft and the result is attached below. For some reason (and I don't know why) I scribbled "FOOL" on the quarter panel. And I also cropped some off the boarders (you don't see the orange cone) like you do in your pic. Please don't be mad at me, I love your Charger, I was just goofing around. The properties on my pic dates back to 5-8-2004, so I know that at some time I re-created it from when I originally found it back in 2000-01.

I found some old pics in a shoebox over the weekend and it had the non digital pics of that burnout contest.  What a moron I was driving all the way from MA to RI with no spare tire and then entering into a burnout contest. Oh to be in my 20's again though!    Starting to miss the F3 green now  :'(