News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 440 R/T 9806 Original Miles

Started by blinkey, August 26, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blinkey

ok, I just tryed to post some pics they say there too large,,,,what can I do :popcrn:

d_saum

Quote from: blinkey on August 27, 2015, 09:10:37 PM
ok, I just tryed to post some pics they say there too large,,,,what can I do :popcrn:

Congrats on the score!!! Upload your pictures to Flickr and then post the pinks in here.. much easier! 

70 sublime

Pictures have to be less than 200 Kb

On my computer I just right click when the picture is open then hit edit then hit re size (takes a bit of fooling around to get them down to the right size but not hard)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

blinkey

70 sublime

You might have to rename any picture you have tried to load as the site thinks it is already here some place even if it did not work your first try
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

E86/A47

Pics here, https://www.flickr.com/photos/pawz4reflection/albums/72157657893167731

Congrats again Jon! Like the looks of the magnums but glad you also got the steal with poverty caps.

E86/A47

embedded pics:

E86/A47

more

E86/A47

a few more. Notice the last one still has the buddy seat and no console! He's not making any changes right away.

skip68

:drool5:  Wow, what a gorgeous original car.   It's almost not believable to find something this clean and original.  What a find.    :cheers: 
I'd pay more for that car than completely restored car.   Where the hell has this car been hiding all these years?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Brock Lee

What a beauty! I am with the others. Don't change a thing. They are only original once. Screwing around with shifter type and such will harm the value. Even if you think it will easily go back. This car is in a rare class. R/T, low mileage, clean and original. In its current configuration it will always be leading the pack in terms of desirability. Start changing parts and that distinction changes as well. 

blinkey

Thanks, Im picking Her up tonite around 7pm, do you think I slept last night,,,,,,,NOPE

Lord Warlock

People like to personalize, its a natural thing to think about.  When I bought my 2010 challenger r/t new it didn't last a week before I started modding it to my tastes and this was on a 40k car.  I wouldn't mod a low mileage original, or something that was relatively rare but a standard charger r/t I could definitely see adding in a floor shifter (not the ugly originals though) sorry guys, never cared for the auto console on our cars...preferred the ebody consoles.  However, I refrained from modding my charger r/t for 40 years because of the simple fact that in that time I never saw another like mine, and until I did I refused to modify it.  It was rare I just wasn't sure how rare.  After I saw another one last year I actually made a few changes to the engine bay, and I'll have an aftermarket stereo in the car, the original radio will remain in the dash, the new one will be remote controlled and have mp3's.

I've considered installing a b&m shifter, but the perfect placement puts it under the buddy seat location, and was contemplating buying a 2nd buddy seat base and customizing the base so a shifter would fit through it, and when the armrest was down it could cover the handle.  (once in drive you don't need it anymore) that way you got to keep the original looks of the armrest/buddy seat, and also had the floor shifter as an option.  

Owning a charger makes you stand out by itself, you don't have to have mods to impress anyone, these days the people who care if its modded are too young to care about old muscle.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

moparfan53

Blinkey..., Congratulations on finding and buying an amazing car!  :cheers:

I like the silver myself.

What is the bracket thingy beside the vent handle? I lightened up the pic to see it better.

moparfan53

I was looking at the pics some more and noticed the manual steering and manual brakes. Speaking for myself, I would convert to power steering for much more driving pleasure. Not just the difference in turning effort, the ratio is much faster with power steering.

:Twocents:

Again though... a great car!!

Ghoste

grdprx

What a beautiful looking Charger!  Only in our dreams does something like this come up.  Incredible!   :drool5:

I vote to keep it original too.   :Twocents:

polywideblock

what a great looking car    :2thumbs:      have fun while you can ,worry about changes come winter   :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

blinkey

MOPARFAN, I just got home with the car and saw your question. I went to the car to see. Its a manuel choke so I followed it and its been disconected,,,,mmmmm

ws23rt

An original car like this that has been preserved indoors most of it's life is likely to be bone dry in all the places that we see rust forming first.
Some of those places have no way for water to get out and just washing it could put and trap water where it has not been for many years.

Rear quarter panels (both sides of the wheels) and rocker panels for example.

My thoughts about this come from a couple of rust bubbles on my C500.  I stripped, cleaned and rust prevented every place I could get at without removing panels that appeared solid. So fifteen years later I see a couple of bubbles in the paint and scratched them open to find what it was about. On both sides of the car water came out from the quarter panel and the rocker panel.

If I were to have a car like this I would like to know how best to prevent trapped water without compromising the cars original condition.

blinkey

I will never wash this car with water, I will only lightly dust. Definatly will never drive her in rain, but you know theres always a chance I could get caught. I noticed the signals wont return, is that normal? And theres no signal lights on the hood...Can I put them in easily?

Sixt8Chrgr

Great car! That was a great find! Congrats!! I agree with the others about preserving the originality of the car. Only original once :yesnod:

Post pics of the underside when you can.

Lord Warlock

hood mounted turn signals were optional, I'm sure you could add them but may have to run wire from dash thru firewall for the harness to connect to.  The harness kits you buy only include the hood pieces.  They serve little purpose to other drivers as they don't see them flashing on the hood, trucks or suv's might. 

Don't worry so much about washing with water, dusting just pushes the dust around and scratches the surface, I'd rather wash it gently with soap and water than dust it.  The cars are waterproof, and do not excessively rust if you park them inside a garage.  If someone can prove we have watertight areas that hold water, I'd say drill a 1 inch or 2 inch hole in the lowest spot of that area and it will drain.  Use a leaf blower to blow the water off and you'll get more water off and out of tight areas.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

UFO

Nice charger!!
As for adding hood turn signal lights , check the harness bulkhead near the master cylinder. Is there a double connector with nothing plugged in?