News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper bushings

Started by 1973rallye, August 28, 2015, 05:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1973rallye

Another one of those crappy little parts that is causing headaches. Original Mopar number 32188. 
This is the little plastic bushings that hold the wiper arms under the cowl, in place. The factory ones snapped onto the pivot studs. I purchased some reproductions off eBay. They press on to the studs but they just slip off when I try to install everything under the cowl. Looks as if these don't have a recess that allow them to be pressed on and hold onto the stud. Does anyone know what I am referring to? Further to that where can I get some correct bushings so that I can get everything hooked up again. Thanks. 
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

1973rallye

Just that quickly I managed to find 4 of the exact ones that I need from Rick Ehrenberg.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

Simonic

How do you access the mechanism ? From under the dash or by removing the wiper motor from the firewall ?
Thank you
Mopar owner in the UK..

Bob

I've always removed the wiper linkage, used a vise and socket and a touch of lube and pressed everything together. They are a pain in the arse.

1973rallye

Quote from: Bob on August 06, 2017, 05:27:45 AM
I've always removed the wiper linkage, used a vise and socket and a touch of lube and pressed everything together. They are a pain in the arse.

Bob and I are referring to the linkage on a 3rd Gen car which is accessible under the cowl after you remove the cowl screens.
No need to remove the wiper motor.
Bob summed it this little repair perfectly!
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

ODZKing

I believe you are talking about these little buggers.
http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MP-WLB101
Rediculous design but that is beside the point.
Mega has them and I have seen them at Napa ... or just order them on line. Even Ebay.

Simonic

Thank You for your responses gentlemen.
My wipers packed up on a recent journey and with a quick investigation I can see they have come adrift at the linkage under the cowl.I'm going to have a better look today and see what's gone wrong
Mopar owner in the UK..