News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona - Wind Tunnel Test - UPDATED

Started by maxwellwedge, September 02, 2015, 11:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C5X DAYTONA

Speaking of the 3/8 car.  It has a nose back on it.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

odcics2

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 20, 2015, 11:40:23 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on September 20, 2015, 08:51:22 PM
the front spoiler was part of the recommended race package, even before they added the wing.   :Twocents:
When was the test done on the exhausters?   The 3/8 car never had any holes for exhausters on the fender.    As far as I know a full size Daytona was not put into a wind tunnel till after production started.

DC-93 (aka #88) was in the tunnel. The lever on the dashboard, seen in the 200 mph run dashboard photo,  controlled pneumatic cylinders to raise and lower the car in the tunnel. Not sure of the exact date.   What Chrysler documentation is there showing it was after production started?

John Pointer took the date of when he wrote the "Recommended Package" matrix to the grave with him...     :'(

Here's a question: How do we know there weren't a few sets of front ends for the 3/8 car?

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: odcics2 on September 21, 2015, 02:40:15 PM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 20, 2015, 11:40:23 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on September 20, 2015, 08:51:22 PM
the front spoiler was part of the recommended race package, even before they added the wing.   :Twocents:
When was the test done on the exhausters?   The 3/8 car never had any holes for exhausters on the fender.    As far as I know a full size Daytona was not put into a wind tunnel till after production started.

DC-93 (aka #88) was in the tunnel. The lever on the dashboard, seen in the 200 mph run dashboard photo,  controlled pneumatic cylinders to raise and lower the car in the tunnel. Not sure of the exact date.   What Chrysler documentation is there showing it was after production started?

John Pointer took the date of when he wrote the "Recommended Package" matrix to the grave with him...     :'(

Here's a question: How do we know there weren't a few sets of front ends for the 3/8 car?

It is not the original nose on the car.   Dad just made it.      
There was other front ends for the 3/8s car.  But the seam is halfway well forward of the front tire.    The rest of the body is unmodified.    

odcics2

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: odcics2 on September 29, 2015, 03:36:51 PM
Nice wing...   :o
And I thought you were going to say the wheels were the wrong color.   ;)

68pplcharger