News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New wiring harness 73 charger

Started by Lewis, September 07, 2015, 08:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

Hello all! I need a new wiring harness!! I found one at classic industries that looks identical to the original but can't seem to find any reviews on it? So not sure wether to purchase it! Can anyone recommend a good wiring harness that they have purchased and is satisfied with it, I've looked at painless and year one but don't know who to go with? I need ya'll experience because I don't know what to do! Thanks  :scratchchin:

ODZKing

Lewis

Sorry I didn't specify what I needed, yes engine as well but I need a new wiring harness for the interior and engine, the interior one is pretty much shot from the bulkhead to the fuse box the only bit that is okay is a bit of the dash the rest is shot, I've found one I might buy but not 100% it's year one and the part number is HU333B, I also have a 383 engine so confused wether I need a 68 engine harness or 73 wiring isn't y strong point it's also a rallye, really confused about it all haha :brickwall:

E5 Charger

It depends what you are looking for and your wiring knowledge. With Painless you will have to cut wires, add connectors, etc. Classic Industries and Year One both sell the M & H harnesses, which are exactly like the originals so you just plug into the bulkhead and run the harness to everything like the original on your car. Evans has nice harnesses, but doesn't have the under dash one. Year One is having a 30% off sale until midnight tonight. If you have seen the price of the dash harness, you'll know how nice that sale is. The discount code is LD15. If you miss this one they do have sales once in a blue moon. Check the group buy section of the forum. Check out http://www.wiringharness.com to see the M&H harnesses. Clicking the order link will take you to Year One. Call Year One if you're confused about which engine harness to oder.

Lewis

Thank you that's really helpful! I kinda need a plug and play as the connectors in the harness I have aren't really reusable, also from the UK so not much help round here, I've seen the sale but won't be able to purchase tonight which is a killer!! Probably going to go with year one HU333B as it looks like the one I need, also I will probably make an engine wiring harness myself and save some money because I'm looking at paying $200+ to bring the harness over here!

E5 Charger

Wow! And I thought it was expensive to ship to Canada. Sometime when you combine items for shipping it doesn't add much. Did you check the shipping for both? Good luck with your wiring and don't forget to let us know how it goes and post some photos. This is something I will have to do one day.

Lewis

I have checked the shipping at jeggs and summit because they give you an instant quote where as others have to get back to you and 9 times out of 10 they never do, I have emailed year one about a shipping price for the harness so waiting to hear from them, I also couldn't find the harness on another site like jegs so looks like I have to buy directly from year one, also the carb I want is from jegs and the shipping for that is about $240, at the moment I'm trying to find what I need all from one company but can't so looks like I'm going to have to pay about $500 shipping for a carb and wiring loom haha it sucks I'm on such a budget and the shipping is eating it all so frustrating!

E5 Charger

You could probably fly to the States for double that, take in one of the large car shows and buy what you need.

Lewis

Trust me I've already looked at flights haha and they are about $1000 haha the shipping is expensive for me because i have to pay for customs tax and stuff it all adds up eventually  :brickwall: