News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door switch

Started by comet_666, September 10, 2015, 08:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I have the below door switch but I only have 1 yellow wire on each side. Did I get the wrong switch?

ODZKing

Doesn't look correct.  You need (2) 2822592 unless it has some sort of warning light on it like a door ajar lamp.
It's (then 2889084) but that has 2 terminals.
This is what you need, same as on my 67
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Mopar-2822592-02822592-Door-Jamb-Switch-/201233879003 this auction has the NOS bag so I'd be fairly confident the pic is correct.
I am fairly certain I have a couple of those.

comet_666

Ahh, this guy from CI

ODZKing

That diagram is not 100% correct either.
My 73 Charger takes a 2 pin on one side and single pin on passenger door. 71-74. I know because I had to change both of mine.

comet_666

Maybe courtesy lamp or something. I found a bent one that I assume came off my car, its one wire similar to my pic

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: comet_666 on September 10, 2015, 02:33:57 PM
Maybe courtesy lamp or something. I found a bent one that I assume came off my car, its one wire similar to my pic
Trunk lid switch :scratchchin:

ODZKing

If it looks like this, yes trunk lamp. Much less stem to sit flat on that protruding lip on the driver rear. LMK if you need a door one for your car.

comet_666

So dumb question.. How do I wire this in?

ODZKing

If we're talking trunk lamp, most cars came with the connector to plug the wire in even if it didn't have a trunk lamp. It would be the only constant hot wire to the trunk. Prolly under the carpet or tucked behind the rear axle hump behind the seat.  If not you'll have to run one from the front.
If it is the door pull the kick panels, wire has to be in there somewhere.

comet_666

Door ones (SW 101). Wire is there on both sides, do I use some sort of barrel connector?

ODZKing

Quote from: comet_666 on October 08, 2015, 07:56:18 AM
Door ones (SW 101). Wire is there on both sides, do I use some sort of barrel connector?
If it has 2 wires, you need a switch with 2 wire connectors. Pictures would help here alot.

comet_666

It's this one. I have one yellow wire on each side. Looks like the end the red arrow is pointing to is hollow.

ODZKing

Yes, this is the trunk switch, but the plug is the same.  NAPA has the ends if you need them. They are usually on a rack with wire, electrical connectors etc.

comet_666