News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White interior dye / paint

Started by The70RT, September 14, 2015, 05:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Looking for some white paint for 1970 interior is 69 about the same because that's all I see on the market? Maybe I'm not searching deep enough any help would be appreciated
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DC_1

Depending how much you have to do you can also get this in quart cans to shoot out of a gun.

SEM is a very good product I've used many times with good results. Do a search on here for SEM interior dye and you should have some good threads from others that have used it

comet_666

polywideblock

a very timely post      :yesnod:   I'm looking at doing the white  door panels in the roadrunner. was told to get herbs int.paint , is anyone using a  adhesion promoter ? what brand is best  . any  tips tricks to stop the paint /dye from flaking off  down the line  :scratchchin: thanks

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

CDN72SE

From my resto:

Some interior color change. I lightly went over the panels with a scotchbrite pad on some of the scratches and followed the SEM procedure, here are some of the results:

1972 Charger SE

polywideblock

wow those look great , I might give the SEM  system a go instead    :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

miamivice

Ive used the SEM stuff on my Charger as well as a Trans Am project to go with good results.     Went from Black to Tan on the Charger.  Been on there for 8 or 9 years now and still looks good...

comet_666

I had dyed my interior black like 15 years ago from green. I stripped mine down with acetone and cleaned them with soap and water and used a tack cloth. Took quite a bit to get the coverage I wanted. Looks good and seems to hold up well so far.

bill440rt

The DuPont Lucite Vinyl color code for Dove White is 9608L. I have a can of PPG's Dove White somewhere also which I tried to find, I like PPG's stuff better.
This is a factory match using their color code.

The SEM Super White shown is very close, but not an exact match to the DuPont & PPG mixes. Convenient to use if you don't have a compressor or spray gun.
I've used both, and both work very well when the parts are properly cleaned & prepped and the correct adhesion promoter is used. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

The70RT

Now you tell me Bill...lol I am using the SEM on the upper door pads and thinking the seat backs. I guess it will be good enough.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us