News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C blower motor removal

Started by Dino, September 16, 2015, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Am I wrong in thinking the blower motor can be removed from the engine bay side?  I removed the three nuts and the studs with the rubber thingies which released the motor itself.  I then removed the three small screws on the sides but only the thin metal plate came off.  I thought the collar that was secured with those screws would come off so the motor and fan could be removed.  Is it just a little stuck or are these last screws just there to annoy me?   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

i just remove the 3 small screws & the complete assy come out.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

That's good news, mine must just be a little stuck then.  I didn't want to force it only to find out it doesn't work that way.  Thanks Charlie!   :cheers:

Dino

Okay forget a 'little' stuck, this sucker is on there tight!  The collar the three screws go through is just a circle with a 90 degree bend right?  And it should slide off with some prying?  I'm afraid to damage the thin metal collar but I'd like to get it off, the dang blower is in the way!

cdr

it should come off.  my 68 & the 69 from counts kustoms that I did the ac boxes on came off pretty easy.   :shruggy:  there is a seal in between that could be hardened & stuck
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Did you get it Dino?

Should only need to remove the 3 tiny screws on the outside of the collar.

Dino

Yep I got it, it was just stuck on the collar for some reason.  With some prying it finally let loose.   :2thumbs: