News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear window crank handles

Started by comet_666, September 16, 2015, 09:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Are these different than the front?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

myk

And they break just as easily too, lol...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ODZKing

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 17, 2015, 06:59:15 AM

How the heck did you do that?   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

Mine no longer seem to fit. I may need to persuade them though kind of like the armrests.

Ghoste

comet_666

They slip while cranking, like the gear wheel thing is shot in the handle or body itself, but they are not shot.
Yes I put the screw in   ;)

bill440rt

Sounds like the regulator is stripped, not the crank.
Have you tried swapping a crank from the front?  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

don duick

sorry to hi jack on this topic but does anyone know what direction the crank handles are pointing when fully wound up. Or were they placed anywhere at random by the fitters on the production line.

Ghoste

I think they were generally meant to point about 10 o clock?

don duick

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on October 01, 2015, 05:44:53 AM
I think they were generally meant to point about 10 o clock?

Yeah that's how they usually are, it's how I set mine.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemigeno

Actually, there's a factory diagram for this.  I happened to run across it Saturday while looking up some other stuff which is perhaps why this detail came to mind when I read this thread.

>  In '68 & '69, the window crank handles (both front and rear) were to be oriented approximately horizontal at the 3:00 (right/passenger's side) or 9:00 position (left/driver's side), pointing towards the REAR of the car when the window glass is in the fully up position.

>  In 1970, they changed the orientation to be at approximately the same 3:00 or 9:00 position (horizontal), but pointing towards the FRONT of the car when the window glass is in the fully up position.

Your guess is as good as mine on why they made the change.  I always just tried to position them so that the knobs are out of the way of my leg when it's leaned up against the door panel.

:Twocents:

myk

Quote from: Dino on September 17, 2015, 11:37:49 PM
Quote from: myk on September 17, 2015, 06:59:15 AM

How the heck did you do that?   :lol:

My windows are a little stiff so you really have to CRANK on the handles.  I got the fronts lubed up so they're better but the backs I need to take it easy with or they break.

But crank handle orientation? Man I never even thought of that...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"