News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carpet underlayment

Started by The70RT, September 20, 2015, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I noticed the carpet I bought only has some small areas of padding on it. I have the sound deadner down but should i use this other matting i have or will it be too thick? or am i just thinking over kill?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A383Wing

you should be OK....there might be some issues with fitting the carpet ...that is it may either bunch up or not lay perfect with the extra layer of insulation around the tunnel area, but your console should cover that up....a little extra pulling and tugging will be needed

Dino

Nice job on the ound deadener!   :2thumbs:

Let us know how well it works.

You'll be fine with that insulation. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HeavyFuel

When putting in padding/deadener besides what the engineers intended, be sure to keep in mind the fitment of the back seats.   When doing mine, I had to remove the padding from a few areas in order to get the seat to set and hook the way its supposed to.  The 'runners' on the seat bottom don't allow for really thick padding.

The70RT

About to mount the seat in soon....gotta get the seat belts in order. I will find out then :)

The70RT

Quote from: Dino on September 20, 2015, 08:52:05 PM
Nice job on the ound deadener!   :2thumbs:

Let us know how well it works.

You'll be fine with that insulation. 

Thanks Dino