News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Protouring Daytona Clone Build by Holohan's hot rod shop Moorsville NC

Started by unrulyprocuda, September 28, 2015, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

unrulyprocuda

Thanks for the great comments i will have some update pictures soon Holohans Hot rod shop is having an open house on Saturday Oct 24th from 3 to 8 during the Charlotte Good guys show Holohans is in Moorsville Noth Carolina

GPULLER

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

unrulyprocuda

Here is the final rendering from months of back and forth Ideas between me Dan Holohan and Eric Brockmeyer . hope you like. sorry i had to make it smaller to be able to post :popcrn:

Patronus

First off, love the build, and thanks for sharing. Now I have 3 threads to follow!!
Second, your pics speak volumes for that shop. WOW. You sir went to the right place.
Third, with the skills shown, are you planning on enhancing the body as much as your rendering is?
Lastly, I'm going to share this with the brothers. They will approve.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

unrulyprocuda

Thanks I appreciate  that  yes definitely the right shop Dan has unreal metal fab skills and yes pretty much everything  you see in the renderings will be done to the car while keeping most of the original body lines it should look very close to the rendering. What brothers are you talking about the ring brothers
Thanks John A I'm still working on mine years after Pj got yours done but it's in the right hands now.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

unrulyprocuda

The Build details

Started with Rust free 70 Dodge Charger
purchased Dane cast aluminum wing
Dayclona fiberglass Nose cone and fender scoops soon to be replicated in Heavy aluminum sheet by Holohans
Rick Fairless steel wing brackets,deck lid,and other various steel parts
Hensley racing built 400 stroked out to 500 cubic inches approx 650hp now projected 1100hp after intake and Turbo install
aluminum Edelbrock Heads
Billet specialties polished serpentine belt system
two nelson 72mm symetrical turbo chargers
Holohan build fuel injection sheet metal intake,Intercooler and custom made headers
fuel injection management system ? not purchased one yet weighing my options
Keisler automatic overdrive transmission with heads up display and steering wheel paddle shift
detroit speed and engineering front muscle car suspension
Wilwood 6 piston 14" disc brake front and 13" rear disc brake set up
Vintage air air and heat box
rear tires 20x16 Mickey thompson
19x10 front tires Bf goodrich
full custom made frame by Holohans
2013 Dodge Challenger rear tail light
leaning towards Budnick Wheels or Neutek wheels that are in the rendering
Cpp products steering column with remote and push button start
stealth 1000 plus hp fuels cell and pump
Custom interior and dash
Kenwood 7" heads up navigation unit and cd player

garner7555

WOW!!   :o   That is like a dream list of parts for me.   Congrats on the build.  :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

unrulyprocuda

All i can say is wow. Had a great visit with my car builder at his shop during his open house during the Charlotte Goodguys show. Be shure to check out Holohans hot rod shop in Moorsville NC and like his facebook page to follow my Daytona Build its going to be Epic and i definitely picked the right fabricator to make it happen. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

unrulyprocuda

Check out these new pictures this is how talented and detail oriented Dan Holohan is he took the time to build a die to stamp recessed metal pads for the wing pads to sit down in unreal attention to detail. thought i would share i bet you have never seen that one. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

daytonalo

Very nice indeed ! Show a few pics of the press and how many  ton it is

DC_1

If you don't mind me asking, what kinda of money is a build like this cost? I know things change with unforeseen problems or changes but I'm just curious of what you budgeted to complete something like this.

unrulyprocuda

Well that is a million dollar question the orange Mayhem 69 Charger that was just built by Detroit speed is rumored to have cost in the $900,000.00 range

moparstuart

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on November 03, 2015, 11:56:35 AM
Well that is a million dollar question the orange Mayhem 69 Charger that was just built by Detroit speed is rumored to have cost in the $900,000.00 range with parts and labor this is one of the reasons searching for the right shop is key Detroit speeds labor rate is 150 hr and they want to bust ass on it and get it out the door quickly. I had to think long and hard on this I am not a rich man Holohans shop charges 75-80 an hour and you get an honest hours worth of work I  have $100,000.00 in parts when finished and estimated 100k more in labor when all is said and done and the car drives out of the shop finished  my build should cost around 200k not unusual for this calibre of a one of a kind car silly to most but not much more than a nice original Bird or Daytona.This shop also worked within my budget of 20k a year for five years which is something most will not  plus i have been collecting parts for ten years.
look at it this way you saved 700 k   :icon_smile_big:  by going to Holohans   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DanielG

Stevearino

I for one am glad you decided against Detroit Speed. Only one reason. I tried to get some information about the custom tail light they made for the Mayhem 69 Charger and I left a few messages and never got a return phone call. I have a problem with anyone who thinks they are too good to return a simple phone call. Part of an ignorant and arrogant attitude that prevails today with people. Also after watching in amazement at the sheet metal work on that build I was horribly disappointed with the color combo. So I am glad you are doing the project where you are. It looks amazing and is top shelf so far. :2thumbs:

unrulyprocuda

Man Thanks and yes i agree totally on color choice it was terrible. And I hate that about most arrogant shops like Detroit speed at least answer some questions i know its all top secret Nasa type shit but come on. I look at them like Indy Cylinder head you spend thousands of dollars and when something fails its always your fault my friend spent 60 grand there and they would not even give him a jacket.
I Wish you would have asked me about the tail light assembly supposedly it was made by Jesse Greening from Greening auto company in Nashville  they made the tail light from solid billett aluminum it cost between 5k to 10k  and it took forever to make.He makes some awesome one off Billet pieces but its expensive.
Im shure you have come up with a cleaver way to set yours apart from the rest. Im going with a stock 2012 Challenger slightly modified taillight although ive been looking at the 2015 version they kind of resemble 69 charger tail lights. I always enjoy your cars updates looks like the home stretch soon.Here is a some pics i snapped of the car in question.it was nice but he will never be able to recoup a quarter of what he spent.

unrulyprocuda

look what My 12 year old son Made him a car like Dads on Forza horizon 3 he did a great job

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Daytona Guy

This is freaking amazing work. Just in awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dane