News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Protouring Daytona Clone Build by Holohan's hot rod shop Moorsville NC

Started by unrulyprocuda, September 28, 2015, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

GOTWING

unrulyprocuda

A little wheel lip Action for The large size meats going under this thing

djcarguy

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BDF

sccachallenger

Wow! is all I can say, hope you're happy with her in the end.

Very,very sad you chose to gut such a nice car.

djcarguy

need update??need info?? need mopar FIX ??  ANYTHING where is owner an info??? ??? ???

unrulyprocuda

Nothing new at the moment My Builder Had to move shops so we had a set back but efforts will be ramping up after the first of the year i will post new Updates as soon as they are available The builder has a new website that all the info is updated as soon as the progress has been made. And yes the answer is yes i will enjoy it its my dream car and its been a long time coming about 18 years to be exact Im also waiting with Popcorn everyday things should start progressing faster now we hope to have it done by 2020 Sema show. check out the website below.  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Holohan's Hot Rod Shop: Home
https://holohanshotrods.com/

Fitz73Chrgr

Awesome build, this thing is going to be sick!

I wish you'd keep the 69 tail lights though. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Brads70

unrulyprocuda

I know its hard to get the vision we have decided to go with 2018 Challenger Taillights instead of the old style Challenger taillights what do you think they actually look a lot like the the factory 69 units

djcarguy

Followed a new challenger an only the outer half of each light lights for stop an blinker.Is there a way to change it so the whole lite lights up??  Ilike the full old lite except the big back up lite in the middle.

it will look great with either,you car ,your way.Hope to see more progress on body an build. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers:  DJ

farm966

I see that you are selling your project, I was looking forward to seeing it completed.

Stevearino

Quote from: farm966 on June 28, 2018, 03:54:27 PM
I see that you are selling your project, I was looking forward to seeing it completed.

Where did you see that this project was for sale?

farm966

farm966

The rest of the Ebay ad..

Project Envious is a 1970 Charger with all the Accesories to make it a 1969 Dodge Charger Replica Hundreds of Thousands spent up to this point
This is a Deal but not a Fire sale. It took me several years to collect all the parts and research what was needed to build the Ultimate Pro Touring Car
The Metal Fab work to this point is top notch Literally almost Steel panel has been touched on this car.
But its Time to Possibly say Goodbye and Let someone else finish it and get all the prestige and acclimation from such a Build
This Car would literally grace the Pages of Every Magazine in the free world if it continues on the path that its on.
Check out the Hundreds of Build pics from the Shop that performed Quite a Bit of work so far
Past Projects at Holohans Hot rod Shop  https://holohanshotrods.com/project/1969-dodge-charger/
facebook page https://www.facebook.com/101250329928888/photos/?tab=album&album_id=761440907243157
Or Look up Holohans Hot rod shop on facebook and in pics Daytona Bob
First pic is Rendering of what its supposed to look like when finished Done by the Famous illustrator Eric Brockmeyer the out come was well worth it

Up For sale is a Project car not a Complete running car
1969 Dodge Protouring Daytona Replica Renderings are done By Eric Brockmeyer
Started with Rust Free 1970 Dodge Charger Daytona
Sand Blasted the shell and parts
Cut The Frame completely out
Welded it to Table Jig and Cut Quarters off and fixed everything inside and rust proofed it
Condition is on a Rolling Dolly so it can be moved and it is welded solid for moving purposes Frame and Floor has been cut out of the car and it has been prepped for new custom Frame and Floor boards

The Car comes with almost everything you will need to Build It
1970 Charger body with clear Indiana Title
New Daytona aluminum Wing
New Dayclona Fiberglass nose cone with all steel Bracing and fiberglass fender scoops lower valance and headlight doors
New Hensley Racing built 400 stroker motor stroked to 500 cubic inches with Edelbrock aluminum heads and Billet Specialties Pulley system with Ac unit                                                No Intake and Carb or Headers otherwise a Complete running motor (Was Going to Build a Custom Intake with twin Nelson Turbos)
New Silver sport A41 Overdrive Transmission stage 3 automatic overdrive Transmission with all accessories and Paddle shift New with all accessories
New Roadster Shop Independent front suspension package set up for Wilwood Disc Brakes
New Tilt steering column with remote start and pushbutton start
New 13" drilled and slotted wilwood Brakes front and rear with Red powdercoated calipers
New Wilwood Master cylinder with booster
New 2 -20 X 19 new Mickey Thompson Rear Tires
New 2 -new 19" Bf goodrich front tires
New shortened Trunk lid and Correct long Hinges for Daytona
New Kenwood Indash Stereo head unit with heads up display and Navigation
Factory Dash to Customize
Vega Hatch back to make Back window plug for Daytona Has Good Glass and Trim
New front windshiels and Side Glass
all original stainless trim excellent condition
Newer style Leather bucket seats 2008 altima
New Kindigit design Door Handles
New 20 Gal Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Cell with Built in High volume pump and filter also applicable for fuel injection
New complete Vintage air kit for Dodge Charger
New aluminum Air conditioner vents for Dash
I also have lots of extra stuff that goes with the car.

Parts Needed to finnish
Wiring Harness
Rear end and center section
Wheels
Intake and Carbs
Headers
Radiator

All Metal work has been Meticulously done and Tig Welded countless Hours of Build Time its all been Por-15 and Dyna Matted
Please feel Free to ask Questions
At This Time I do Not want to Seperate the Project and its Parts
Sale of the car is for a Incomplete Car it is a project car as is with no Warranty it will either take someone that has Great fabricating skill Or lots of Money to Finnish
The car the way it sits is ready for Chassis, Floor pans, and suspension that would be the next step.
The Buy it now is A Bargain for what i have in it. I probably have double of what im asking
It is all sitting in a Waterproof Enclosed Trailer waiting to be delivered to your shop Hit the Buy it now i will deliver it to any destination in the united states.
Open Title Currently in my name

Stevearino

Thanks farm966. That is a shame. Looked like a really ambitious plan when it was started. No way around the amount of time and money it was going to cost. Better have unlimited funds for something like this. Especially if you are employing a top notch fabricator which appears to have been the case from the progress pics.

farm966

Quote from: Stevearino on June 30, 2018, 08:25:19 PM
Thanks farm966. That is a shame. Looked like a really ambitious plan when it was started. No way around the amount of time and money it was going to cost. Better have unlimited funds for something like this. Especially if you are employing a top notch fabricator which appears to have been the case from the progress pics.

I agree with you 100%. It looked like it was going to be first class fabrication, which doesnt come cheap, unless you can do it yourself. Not all of us are as talented as you Steve! You need buckets full of cash to let a shop complete a car for you like that.

chargervert

I'm feeling real good about the Daytona stock car clone that I  bought from a fellow DC.COM member, when I see the money they are looking for on this car. I have a thread on Moparts in the members project section,and on Forbbodiesonly in the wingcar section.  I would have to resize all the pictures to post them here. The thread is titled "a stock car flaming with a loser at the cruise control ". The chassis on my car is a modern Loughlin Nascar chassis built by a Nascar shop.

farm966

Quote from: chargervert on July 01, 2018, 09:11:38 AM
I'm feeling real good about the Daytona stock car clone that I  bought from a fellow DC.COM member, when I see the money they are looking for on this car. I have a thread on Moparts in the members project section,and on Forbbodiesonly in the wingcar section.  I would have to resize all the pictures to post them here. The thread is titled "a stock car flaming with a loser at the cruise control ". The chassis on my car is a modern Loughlin Nascar chassis built by a Nascar shop.

Here is the link to your pics at ForBBodiesonly

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/a-stock-car-flammin-with-a-loser-at-the-cruise-control.147406/

chargervert

Thanks for posting the link. I am semi computer literate. I don't want to bad mouth anyone's project, but to get that asking price, the owner would atleast have to finish the fabrication work.  The former owner of my car gave me an amazing deal on it.

Stevearino

Thanks for the compliment farm966 and chargervert I just went over to look at your thread on forbbodiesonly and you are having way too much fun. That gonna be a blast to drive. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

chargervert

Steve,I followed your Daytona build, and your work is nothing short of amazing.  Your car came out incredible.  I  can only hope that I can get mine anywhere near the level of yours.  This Daytona in this thread was also going to be amazing as well.  I cannot see this car bringing six figures in its current state. It is almost impossible to recoup the total amount invested on an unfinished project car, especially with a significant amount of fabrication left to do.