News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona/500 A-Piller Chrome Demand

Started by Bluestar, April 05, 2006, 12:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluestar

How in demand are these pieces for clones?  I may have the resources to make them.  I would need some dimensional help, but I think I could get them done in alum, stainless, or even plated chrome.  I thought of it because a very good friend of mine is seriously contemplating building a clone and I was discussing with him the hard to find parts.

dads_69

if you decide to make them and sell, I'd take a pair of them for my clone for sure. I have heard that somebody makes them after market, but can't remember who, hope you find someone willing to loan you a factory set to repo. in either stainless,chrome or?
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

hotrod98

Eric Nelson makes them...they're $500 a pair. They're actually more complicated than they appear. As for my clone, I wouldn't mind if they were a little different if they were substantially cheaper. I'm sure that Eric's parts are very accurate and warrant the $500 price tag. It's just that for a driver clone, that's a little more than I would like to spend on a couple of small trim pieces.
Keep us posted if your guy decides to build them.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 05, 2006, 07:51:31 AM
Eric Nelson makes them...they're $500 a pair. They're actually more complicated than they appear. As for my clone, I wouldn't mind if they were a little different if they were substantially cheaper. I'm sure that Eric's parts are very accurate and warrant the $500 price tag. It's just that for a driver clone, that's a little more than I would like to spend on a couple of small trim pieces.
Keep us posted if your guy decides to build them.

Is he the guy out by me in Minnesota?  If so I talked to him at Mopars in the Park last summer and i cant find his number anywhere.  I need one side for my 500.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

Eric Nelson

(612) 382-4723

or

erik.nelson@xerox.com

erikjohnnelson@hotmail.com

Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 05, 2006, 09:09:25 AM
Eric Nelson

(612) 382-4723

or

erik.nelson@xerox.com

erikjohnnelson@hotmail.com

Yes, thanks, that sounds like the guy.,  I just sent him an e-mail.

thanks.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

I AGREE THAT THEY ARE A LITTLE PRICEY, IF THEY WHERE 350 A PAIR I WOULD BUY A SET RIGHT NOW !

XXHEMI

I have a set of repop A pillar moldings that look very close to the originals (But are not perfect I think Janik?)  that I would be willing to give to anyone that can find me an original passengers side molding for me to purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Ed Cook

69_500

Ed I'm still working on finding you a set of A Pillar chrome pieces for your R6 car. That is the one needing them right?

As far as the ones that Eric Nelson makes, I've heard that the new ones he is doing are supposed to be almost dead on to the origionals. I guess the first ones didn't have the right curvature accross them as the origionals, I'm not sure haven't had a chance to compare his to an origional side by side or anything.

hotrod98

Quote from: XXHEMI on April 05, 2006, 05:55:36 PM
I have a set of repop A pillar moldings that look very close to the originals (But are not perfect I think Janik?)  that I would be willing to give to anyone that can find me an original passengers side molding for me to purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Ed Cook

Contact Howie

Charles Addams

XXHEMI

Quote from: 69_500 on April 06, 2006, 01:44:51 PM
Ed I'm still working on finding you a set of A Pillar chrome pieces for your R6 car. That is the one needing them right?

As far as the ones that Eric Nelson makes, I've heard that the new ones he is doing are supposed to be almost dead on to the originals. I guess the first ones didn't have the right curvature across them as the originals, I'm not sure haven't had a chance to compare his to an original side by side or anything.

That is correct I still  have not found the passanger side molding for the R6 car and it's almost ready for paint! The repo molding I have look real good but they do not have the correct curve as you stated and they are also missing the impresion from the tooling at the bottom.I do have a extra drivers side if anyone is need.

Thank you

PocketThunder

Quote from: XXHEMI on April 05, 2006, 05:55:36 PM

Thanks Ed Cook

Hi Ed,  i have a pass side A pillar molding and a drivers side Bird molding.  (or a Charger one that someone drilled two holes in, i'm still trying to figure out which)  but i might be willing to sell you my pass side Charger molding for the same price it would cost me to get a set from this Eric guy. 

I e-mailed him but he is out of the office this week.  As soon as i can get a hold of him i will let you know whats up.  I want to see his product in my own hands before i sell my original.  He is just 20 minutes from my house.

69_500

There you go Ed, sounds like you can work out a deal with Pocket.

XXHEMI

Hi Ed,  i have a pass side A pillar molding and a drivers side Bird molding.  (or a Charger one that someone drilled two holes in, i'm still trying to figure out which)  but i might be willing to sell you my pass side Charger molding for the same price it would cost me to get a set from this Eric guy. 

I e-mailed him but he is out of the office this week.  As soon as i can get a hold of him i will let you know whats up.  I want to see his product in my own hands before i sell my original.  He is just 20 minutes from my house.
Pocket
Thanks for the help! Let me know how it turns out. I am heading out to Spring Fling for the weekend hope to talk to you next week.

Thanks Ed

BigBlockSam

these are the ones Erik sells, they are dead on. this pic is of Dane's car
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

ARE THOSE IN THIS PIC MINUS THE SCREW HOLES ?

BigBlockSam

daytona ones have hidden screw holes. superbird ones have exposed screw holes. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

SORRY I RODE THE SHORT BUS ! DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE PIX OF DANES YELLOW DAYTONA , I'M LEANING TOWARDS YELLOW WITH A BLACK TAIL . LARRY

BigBlockSam

hey
thats a stinger nose on it too

daytonalo

I LOVE THE CAR , BUT THOSE RIMS I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE THEM MELTED DOWN , IT LOOKS LIKE PUFF DADDY'S CAR [ SORRY DANE ] . AS FAR AS STINGER NOSE GOES MY NOSE FUNCTIONS AS ORIG AND TODAY I AM HANGING IT TODAY AND BOTH SIDES [ COUNTOUR NOSE TO FENDER IS WAY OFF ] I HAVE TO SLICE IT , SPREAD IT OPEN THEN RE-GLASS IT TO GET THE COUNTOUR RIGHT !.   BE PREPARED FOR A SHIT LOAD OF WORK IF YOU DINT WANT YOUR NOSE TO LOOK LIKE ONE OF JERRY'S KID HUNG IT ! LARRY

69_500

So your guys opinion is that the Eric Nelson A pillar trim pieces are spot on to the origionals? I had heard that they were off a bit on the curvature of the corners or something along those lines. It was either that or the curve accross the middle wasn't right. Not sure if I'd even notice though.

hotrod98

Larry,
I had Don cut my lower bird nose into three pieces to reduce shipping considerably and was kind of bummed about it. I realized after thinking about it that I probably would have had to cut it anyway to make it fit right. I won't accept a lousy fitting part on my car. We do what we have to do sometimes.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

LARRY I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE NOSE NOT THE VALENCE . THE STINGER NOSE WILL TAKE AROUND 100 HRS TO MAKE FIT PROPERLY !

BigBlockSam

100 hrs . you guys gotta slow down on the beers man, there slowing ya down.   :cheers: