News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona project started,Update 9/11/06

Started by dads_69, April 05, 2006, 12:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

4402tuff4u

I like the color! Keep posting photo's and take one of the Charger too!  :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

hotrod98

Mark,
I like a guy that thinks outside the box a little. Hit me with that paint scheme again. What is the wing color going to be?  I think that you've made a good choice on the color. We were going to paint our bird clone yellow, but our chal convert is yellow and we try to do a different color on each car that we build so I guess we're going orange, but not a standard orange.

Fill us in on those "extras"...enquiring minds want to know. I'm anxious to see something a little different. I think that it's cool to build them different and not just try to copy an original.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

yellow is a cool hotrod color. looking forward to seeing more pics.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Mark,
Now that's what I like. I realize that some of the guys go a little too far sometimes, but I like them slightly modfied. I recessed the side marker lamps on my wife's 73 cuda and tucked in the bumpers and painted them to match. Made the car look so much cleaner.
My wife also had me install 71 gills in the fenders since she liked the ones in my 71 cuda so well. She asked me a few days ago to look into putting the gills in the fenders of the bird clone. I'm still not sure about it and I haven't compared the radiuses yet, but I'm open to the idea.
She wants the back glass frame cut out and lifted up like a real bird glass. Sounds like trouble to me. The donor is a satellite, so I'm not concerned at all about cutting on the car. Now if I just had someone like Foose to do a rendering of my ideas, I would be set.
Keep us posted as you go through the build.

Charles Addams

moparsinbarns

Quote from: dads_69 on April 05, 2006, 10:10:12 AM
Larry, some of the mods will be, shaved door handles, Jaguar side marker lights, remote deck lid opening, black int. and wing. I'm also spraying the car in base/clear so it will last longer vs. single stage. Not exactly sure of the motor combo now either, but it will be a BB with an automatic and some H.P. My last yellow charger was swept up under a semi trailer, so I hope this charger isn't jinxed, if you know what I mean by being yellow. More photos soon.
Mark

Swept up under a semi trailer? :o
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

hotrod98

...black wing or white wing?

A few years back, every car, racecar, truck and trailer that we owned was red. I kind of liked it that way.

Charles Addams

69charger2002

wow i'm doing my daytona yellow on black as well.. oh well, gonna be more of them by next year i guess
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

daytonalo

Howie

Have you looked at the latest issue of mopar collectors guide. There is a bolt in rack and pinion setup on page 20.

Howie

The place is called Unisteer Performance Products. 1555 Enterprise Parkway, Twinsburg, OH 44087.  Their # is 330-425-9080.  They have no web address.  They say it is a bolt in and comes with a custom power steering pump. It can be ordered powder coated or chrome finish.
                                                                                                                           Howard

hotrod98

I love this new 426 that I installed in my challenger convert. I can't get over how easy it starts. And, it runs a lot smoother than I ever thought that it would. My experience with the hemis back in the 70's was not good. I guess most of them were more radical and probably half worn out. Now I need another one for the daytona clone.

Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 04, 2006, 11:23:19 AM
I love this new 426 that I installed in my challenger convert.  Now I need another one for the daytona clone.

I need one for my clone too, Larry.  I wonder if we ordered several, if we'd get a discount? Maybe a Dodge Charger.com crate hemi group buy ? Does anybody have a "Direct Connection" at Ma Mopar that could inquire about a crazy idea like this?

I'd buy one.

daytonalo

I had my own 472 hemi built for 10 k , 600 hp , 10-1 . alum heads
                                                            Larry

Howie

I had a set of mopar performance hemi heads on back order since feb. Went to the hotrod show at bowling green and saw a set of stage V heads. Cancelled mp heads and now have stage V`s. Now the motor is mocked up ready to be built.