News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring Help

Started by comet_666, October 05, 2015, 09:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Need a Hand on what I should use for Acc power and 12 v power from stock harness/69 for my Dakota Digital setup.

This is what the manual says..

CONST.POWER Connect the CONST.POWER terminal to a power from the fuse panel that is "hot" all of the time,or a fussed wire(5-20 amp)direct to battery power. This terminal should have power all of the time.The constant +12V supply source should be a fused 5-20 amp
the system drawsless than 1 amp,so sharing an existing constant power circuit
will generally be fine.Use 18 AWG wire to ensure the system receives a sufficient powerfeed.
This terminal keeps the clock memory as well as returning the needles to zero when the system is shut off.

ACC.POWER Connect the ACC.POWER terminal to accessory +12V power from the fuse panel or vehicle wiring harness. This terminal should have power when the key is
on or in the'accessory' position. In addition to turning on the display system, this is also where the voltmeter gauge senses the vehicle electrical system voltage.The accessory +12V
supply source should be a fused 5-20 amp circuit, the system drawsless than1 amp, so sharing an existing accessory circuit will generally be fine.Use 18 AWG wire to ensure the system receives a sufficient power feed.

I was thinking of running a new one (Green Arrow) for CONST 12v Power and tagging off the ACC Feed for the acc.

Thoughts? This is the last thing I need before I can test electrical system then in goes the engine!!!

lukedukem

I'll have to look, but i believe i used that same one for the relay on my electric fuel pump.  i don't see why you couldn't use it for your Dakota Digital setup.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Dino

Yep that'll work.  I hooked a wire on the cigarette lighter fuse for constant feed for something...can't remember now.  There was also a free connector on the accessory feed so that was an easy addon.   :yesnod:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

Dino

I'd run a separate 20 amp fuse on the constant feed wire though, just to be safe.   :yesnod:

comet_666

I think I will.
Which amp fuses go where in the block? All of mine were out. Also, anyone know what spades I can use to tag on to these? Just any spade that will fit?

Dino

From left to right: 5A, 20A, 20A, 20A, 20A, 3A
There should be white lettering on the fuse box itself indicating which goes where.

A plain male spade connector will slide right on.

comet_666

Thanks Dino!
My lettering is worn off for some reason..

Dino

You're welcome!

Here's a good pic that shows what goes where.  The box is mounted upside down relative to this picture.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=79917.0;attach=149065;image

comet_666

Thanks man, you would have thought I would have googled that at some point but I did not. I think i'm burning the candle at both ends here trying to get this on the road before it snows  ;D